Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pullrod Clutch
Micael

posted on 14/12/06 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Pullrod Clutch

Hi,

I'm thinking of using a pullrod clutch set up. i have snapped my clutch cable twice this summer and i'm feed up with it.

Has anyome use this type of set up?

I konw that LSDWEB has used this, but he had his engine bolted directly to the chassie. I have rubber cushions and I suspect that my engine will move a lot more than LSDWEB and might activate clutch.

piccy

[Edited on 14/12/06 by Micael]

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

Agriv8

posted on 14/12/06 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
couldnt see piccy.

but assume you are after somthing like this.

pull clutch

i.e

If you are I have one of these surplus to requirements ( still boxed and un used )

U2U if you are intrested.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Micael

posted on 14/12/06 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
here

piccy

Micael Moose Åman

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

macnab

posted on 14/12/06 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe your clutch pedal is traveling to far and the clutch lever arm is bottoming out on the bell housing so your just stretching the cable. My friend kept snapping this clutch cable on his little Fiat due to this very reason. Very fiddly to fix on it as well. Worth a check.
Peteff

posted on 14/12/06 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Commonest reason is rigid fixing of the cable to at the pedal end so it frays and eventually breaks, or too sharp a curve in the outer making it hard to operate. Make it like a manufacturer's original and it should last longer Rescued attachment pedal top.jpg
Rescued attachment pedal top.jpg

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Micael

posted on 14/12/06 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I had a too sharp curve on the cable. The cable snapped on the same spot both times and it was ju where the sharp bend was.

I have been looking to use an Saab slave cylinder and a wilwood measter cylinder. But i think it is too expensive and unnecessary complicated.
The pullrod setup seems to be easy and smart solution.

Micael Moose Åman

lsdweb

posted on 15/12/06 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Micael

As I said in my U2U, I'd expect the clutch pedal to move not the actual clutch to operate. I'd be tempted to give it a try as it's very easy to make if you have the skills.

It gave a great feel to the clutch pedal.

Regards

Wyn

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.