Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Injection layout
phoenix70

posted on 22/2/05 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Injection layout

Here are some question for you guys out there with EFi pinto engines?

I'm trying to figure out all the components I need to get the fuel side of the EFi working. Here is my thoughts, I would be grateful if you could correct me if I'm wrong. Here goes...

Fuel Tank goes to fuel filter then fuel pump, Fuel pump feed Injector rail that has pressure valve to maintain pressure in the rail and return extra fuel to fuel tank. I'm sure the haynes manual says there is a pressure regulator between the pump and the injector rail, but I can't see the point of this.

Thoughts and/or picture much appreciated

Mark Allanson

posted on 22/2/05 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly right, I have no regulator between the pump and the rail, and neither did my donor, I did put a large filter between the pump and rail though as per sierra. Rescued attachment Cramped.jpg
Rescued attachment Cramped.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

CairB

posted on 23/2/05 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think that it may be referring to the device that was fitted to the outlet of some pumps to damp out pressure pulses rather than it being a pressure regulator. There was one of these fitted to the replacement pump that I fitted after to the first one failed due to ingesting a small piece of plastic. I fitted an inlet filter at the same time and never had any trouble since.

Cheers,

Colin

Mark Allanson

posted on 23/2/05 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
That will be this bit Rescued attachment Fuel pump2a.jpg
Rescued attachment Fuel pump2a.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

CairB

posted on 24/2/05 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
That will be this bit

That it be.

It was not fitted to my original pump, only the replacement which I removed as there was no room for it. No ill effects noticed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.