Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Airbox?
Northy

posted on 6/11/04 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Airbox?

I've got twin 45's fitted to my engine, and am finding it very difficult to find air filters that fit between the bonnet and chassis rails

So I was thinking of fitting an air box to the carbs, and ducting cold air into the box from near the front shock. Does anyone know anything about doing this? Or have any ideas / suggestions?

Where would I be able to fit an air filter with this set up?

Anyone done it?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jed

posted on 7/11/04 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
You could try Tim D. I think he still has the mould as shown here : http://www.just-the-one.net/ under products / airbox.
Northy

posted on 7/11/04 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, looks just the job

Does anyone know where you put the air filter with such a setup?

I've borrowed this picture from the website, hope he doesn't mind. Rescued attachment on-car1.jpg
Rescued attachment on-car1.jpg

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 7/11/04 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
You have a cone filter which goes on the end of the pipe.

Adam

Northy

posted on 7/11/04 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
BUT I want the end of the pipe outside of the body work thats the whole idea. I'd also like some form of a cone or scoup on the end to "force" some air in. The cone filters I've seen have a solid plate on the end.

Thanks anyway.

Graham

JoelP

posted on 7/11/04 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
some cones are double, ie a holes down the middle too. All filtered in the end, obviously. these can stick out of the bonnet easily.

Northy

posted on 7/11/04 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Who makes them? Any pics?

Graham

locoboy

posted on 8/11/04 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Northy,

Im sure the usual suspects do them, Demon theives, Rally Design, Piper cross, K&N to name but a few.

ATB
Locoboy

Mave

posted on 8/11/04 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'm assuming you mean something like this?:

Volvorsport

posted on 8/11/04 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
you could also try my website and look for the tight radius airhorns i developed for jenvey throttle bodies , but never ever sold any
Peteff

posted on 8/11/04 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ram air effect?

If that's what you're after it's wasted effort. It doesn't kick in till you get into 3 figure speeds and for a car engine you'd need a scoop like a bucket. The engine will suck all the air it needs wherever you put the filter, they just run better on cool dense air.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Northy

posted on 8/11/04 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Your right Pete, I only want the cold air.

It sucks it all from under the bonnet at the moment

Graham

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.