Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone using a Cosworth fuel pump
Jeffers_S13

posted on 18/10/04 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone using a Cosworth fuel pump

Anyone have any pics of how they connected the fuel line to the outlet of the pump, I guess I need a banjo connector somewhere in there to make the one way valve work properly.

Will a standard fuel injected Sierra of some derivative have the bits I need to pilfer ? ? or did they use a different set-up.

Any pics or help much appreciated.

Thanks

James

garage19

posted on 18/10/04 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, I've used one. Will post you some pics tomorrow. Cheap fittings from my local hose n hydraulic place!

However i need the piece of petrol resistant pipe that goes between the tank and the pump!

Mark Allanson

posted on 18/10/04 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is the standard sierra pump, I used the original big bore supply pipe, cut and shut. Rescued attachment Fuel pump2.jpg
Rescued attachment Fuel pump2.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Jeffers_S13

posted on 19/10/04 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for pics, it looks identical to the cossie one I have. Might have to go rummaging on Sierras in scrapyard (if there are any) for the feed pipe then, I bought some 12mm fuel pipe and it just wont stretch enough to fit over the inlet, bugger.

So is that thing on the end, now painted black, the one way valve ?

Thanks

James

garage19

posted on 19/10/04 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Heres what i did with my cossie pump. No one way valve in sight? Rescued attachment cossie fuel pump.JPG
Rescued attachment cossie fuel pump.JPG

Jeffers_S13

posted on 19/10/04 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
So you didnt bother with it then ? does the connector you used just simply cover/block the radial holes, the fuel feed therefore going straight out the end into the braided hose. I suppose I could just slide a piece of normal fuel hose straight on the end then and jubilee clip it on then ?

Where did you get the braided pipe ? and is that the fuel filter it connects to ?

Plenty of questions ! I'll be back in a few mins for the answers !

Thanks

James

SeaBass

posted on 20/10/04 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
I believe the fitting your talking about with radial holes is actually the body of the non return valve fitted to the pump. It's designed for a banjo fitting isn't it?

From research I did when looking at fuel injection. The non return valve isn't essential but will mean the engine wont start first time. Will take couple of seconds for fuel to fill pipes again.

Cheers

Mark Allanson

posted on 20/10/04 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffers_S13
Thanks for pics, it looks identical to the cossie one I have. Might have to go rummaging on Sierras in scrapyard (if there are any) for the feed pipe then, I bought some 12mm fuel pipe and it just wont stretch enough to fit over the inlet, bugger.

So is that thing on the end, now painted black, the one way valve ?

The black but on the end is a damper. It is spring loaded and takes out any hydraulic bang which would damage other parts in the system

Thanks

James

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.