Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec Progress
big-vee-twin

posted on 24/7/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec Progress

Well progress has been slow for a few weeks, but managed to pick up a major bargain this last week.

I picked up from Ebay a brand spanking new, never fitted, Duratec to Type 9 Gearbox Bell housing the Hydraulic one manufactured by Titan Motor sport for a total of only £47.00 couldn't believe my luck! and as a further bonus he only lived 15 miles away so I picked it up.

The titan one sells for around £235.00 plus VAT, this has to be my best bargain so far.

Anyway trial fitted it today and also the starter and here's a picture. The engine is nearing completion just needs the sump and it will be ready to go in.

Duratec to Type9 Bellhousing
Duratec to Type9 Bellhousing

The next thing to do will be to get the hydraulic cylinder from Titan the one based on a SAAB with a round bearing, this bolts straight in but a spacer may be needed so some clever measuring required - think I'll put some plasticine in between the clutch and bearing and see how thick it ends up, that should give me an indication on which spacer to buy.

P.S. If any one is interested I have a Type 9 Bell, Clutch arm, bolts and CT133 bearing going on the Bay tonight.

[Edited on 24/7/10 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

MakeEverything

posted on 24/7/10 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Awesome, clean build mmmmmm

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Stuart_B

posted on 24/7/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
very nice, keep it updated

and a bargain, i thought i got a good one at 100 pound delivered with a type 9 box

stuart

[Edited on 24/7/10 by Stuart_B]

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.