Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike exhaust
Miks15

posted on 22/12/08 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Bike exhaust

IM thinking about using a standard bike exhaust on my car. Its a 1.6 what bike exhaust should i be looking at using? 1000cc?

Thanks

Humbug

posted on 22/12/08 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Carbon Yamaha R1 can should do the trick. If you are pre-SVA you might need a cat, depending on engine age.
Miks15

posted on 22/12/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
my engines 91, i believe its post 95 that need cats?
blakep82

posted on 22/12/08 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
can't go far wrong with a carbon R1

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dingz

posted on 22/12/08 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Get the biggest one you can find! I had this on my 2l pinto its about 5" dia and was VERY LOUD, it didn't stay on for long even after repacking it didn't make much difference. Rescued attachment can.jpg
Rescued attachment can.jpg

Miks15

posted on 22/12/08 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Do carbon ones come standard? I just want something cheap that will make it sound good and not be too restrctive.

Plus it wont be seen as itll be hidden in the bodywork so not bother about how it looks

blakep82

posted on 22/12/08 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
i think the carbon ones were standard up to a time (1998 maybe?) when they became titanium.

I got a carbon one off ebay, buy it now, for £25 plus about £12 posting. its clearly 2nd hand a few scuffs here and there, but looks good

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
the carbon ones also have the benefit of the outside running a lot cooler than a metal can, cool enough to hold even after a long run. I have one on the falcon and it’s actually too quite for my liking despite being marked (for a bike) not for road use

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.