Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx10 engine gear peg direction
jambo

posted on 15/12/08 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
zx10 engine gear peg direction

if you look streight on at the gear peg spline on zx10 would i be right in saying anticlock ways is up the gears and clockways being down.
trying to get it so i pull with my right for up

zilspeed

posted on 15/12/08 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Click it all the way in one direction then back half a click to find neutral. If neutral isn't there, go in the opposite direction.

Whichever way works, you've just found the direction of travel for up and down.

This will definitely give you the answer.

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/12/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I believe it’s clockwise for up as is for my bike

just bang it right down (anti-clockwise) then one light click up and it should be in neutral and you should be able to turn the output by hand, you may have to gently wiggle the output as you change gears.

[Edited on 15/12/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigrich

posted on 15/12/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
with the engine not running you can only engage first gear on a zx10r due to the positive neutral finder system on the engine.

If the gear lever on the engine points to the rear of the engine (drivers side) then first gear is downwards

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

jambo

posted on 15/12/08 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
my engine is in neutral and havent got it into any gears.
rich you say down for first,so is that down again for the other 5,then 6 pulls up to neutral again.
dont mean to sound stupid but my only shot of an old scrambler was down for first then back up for the rest. Rescued attachment gear peg.jpg
Rescued attachment gear peg.jpg

bigrich

posted on 16/12/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
N

So from neutral down to first, then back up through neutral to second,third etc

Though as said until you have roadspeed (driving) you can't engage 2nd gear due to the neutral finder system thats fitted to the engine

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Rosco86

posted on 7/6/15 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Just reading through this thread, I have a 2010 zx10r and trying to find out which way I need to go for up and down, if I'm right in thinking from neutral, when the output shafts spins, the only gear i will be able to select is first (engines not running) so which ever way I need to move to get first, the opposite will be up through neutral for the rest of the gears?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.