Board logo

clutch release bearing
dunk3 - 28/10/08 at 08:55 AM

hi all. has anyone changed there standard clutch release bearing in the type 9 gearbox when mateing it to a 2.0 blacktop useing the standard flywheel. if so which one did you use and where did you get it from. I spoke to quantum cars and they sent me the one they use but that is the same as the standard one. phoned quantum to tell them and they say thats what they use .but when i fitted it my release arm travels 3/4 of the way before it makes contact with the preasure plate . does this sound right. cheers.

David Jenkins - 28/10/08 at 08:58 AM

There are 2 kinds of release bearing, depending on the type of clutch cover plate you've got.

If the cover plate fingers have raised bumps at their ends then you want a flat-faced bearing.

If the cover plates have completely flat fingers then you need the release bearing with a raised, rounded face.

HTH,
David

P.S. Burtons are REALLY good at sorting out which fits to what!

Dusty - 28/10/08 at 01:22 PM

Or just get a Quinton Hazel bearing, No CCT133 which is for some ancient 1600 Capri but is taller. Rescued attachment releasebearings.jpg
Rescued attachment releasebearings.jpg

dunk3 - 28/10/08 at 04:52 PM

thanks dusty. i will try and get one but a lot of places only sell complete kits. unless you know where i can get one from. cheers.

blakep82 - 28/10/08 at 05:51 PM

i've got a sierra release bearing on its own if any use

dunk3 - 28/10/08 at 08:43 PM

thanks blakep32 but its the capri one i need . cheers