Board logo

Pinto engine mounts
goaty - 25/10/08 at 06:44 PM

Hi all.
I have been having problems with the engine mount rubbers, they are to soft and i had to much movement. I ordered some of rally design's HD 50mm engine rubbers but these seem even softer than my old ones.
Has anyone experienced there compition mounts??
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1740_1741_1750&products_id=13039

Are they any good and how stiff are they??
hope theres someone out there who can help.
cheers
joe

Paul TigerB6 - 25/10/08 at 06:50 PM

Ouch they look expensive. Might be worth contacting Tiger Racing to ask them about a pair of the 50mm race spec engine mounting rubbers that they supply. The Tiger Supercat with a Pinto leaves the crankshaft pulley really close (about 10mm on the car i built) to the inboard shocks so they needed to look into stiffer mounts and came up with these...

linky

goaty - 25/10/08 at 06:56 PM

have you tried these yourself??
just want to check they are stiff before i order as i read these hd ones would be good but they are shocking.
Any idea on price of the tiger ones too?
thanks

Paul TigerB6 - 25/10/08 at 06:58 PM

I'll pop the question up on the Tiger forum now and send you a link so you can keep track of it. The car i built was for someone else and isnt SVA'd yet so not tested on the road but they seem substantially stiffer.

Cheers
Paul

goaty - 25/10/08 at 06:59 PM

cool, if you could do the linky that would be ace.
thanks very much

goaty - 25/10/08 at 06:59 PM

cool, if you could do the linky that would be ace.
thanks very much

Paul TigerB6 - 25/10/08 at 07:07 PM

one linky to Tiger Owners Club site

goaty - 26/10/08 at 05:19 PM

been checking the post and it would seem they maybe upto tthe job.
Only problem now is i have just tried putting my bonnet back on and it wont fit.

My old mounts were 40mm but i thought 50mm would be better than 35mm seems i was wrong.

Anyone know wheather i can get 40mm race mounts or do you think 35mm would be ok?? I dont want to give any problems by being lower??
cheers again

jacko - 26/10/08 at 05:34 PM

Description
Description

This may help you with your problem
I had the same as you and made this the engine dose not move at all now

goaty - 26/10/08 at 05:36 PM

where and what did they come from??
ho wmuch modding to they take to replace the standard rubbers??
cheers

goaty - 28/10/08 at 02:01 PM

thanks for all the help, i managed to get from Tiger some Race spec 40mm mounts that have the metal insert so should be nice and firm.
cheers again

flak monkey - 28/10/08 at 02:33 PM

I used landrover engine mounts on mine. They are really solid (designed for the V8) and the engine doesnt shift now. I could just do with a stiffer gearbox mount now...

David

goaty - 28/10/08 at 06:27 PM

never thought to look at my landy mounts. Got plenty of 200tdi ones lying from mine. O well, new ones on the way.

goaty - 29/10/08 at 05:54 PM

Just a note for others.
Got mine through from Tiger today to be very annoyed.
They are just land rover mounts but buying them through tiger cost more than twice what you can get them for.
Good mounts just buy land rover ones for a fraction.
cheers again to all.