Board logo

Zetec Thermostat Housing temp sender thread
nathanharris1987 - 30/5/08 at 12:35 PM

Hello!

Could any one tell me what the thread size is for the big hole in top of the zetec thermo housing.

Description
Description

For blanking off purposes, I know its 16 dia but not a standard thread?

Nath

the_fbi - 30/5/08 at 01:36 PM

Apologies as this will only help you find the information yourself, but thats for the rad fan switch not the temp sender.

[Edited on 30/5/08 by the_fbi]

nathanharris1987 - 30/5/08 at 01:46 PM

do you actually work for the fbi?

stevebubs - 30/5/08 at 03:43 PM

Yes - it is a standard thread. I got a blanking plug from think auto.

stevebubs - 30/5/08 at 03:45 PM

PS 1.5mm pitch rings a bell, but not 100% sure...

:{THC}:YosamiteSam - 30/5/08 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi
Apologies as this will only help you find the information yourself, but thats for the rad fan switch not the temp sender.

are you sure? the one on mine is for the ecu temp sender in the same place there - unless its been changed

big_wasa - 30/5/08 at 04:22 PM

3/8 ntp

edit
so thats Npt then

[Edited on 30/5/08 by big_wasa]

big_wasa - 30/5/08 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi

Rad fan is controled by the ecu, ecu uses that sensor.

stevebubs - 30/5/08 at 04:43 PM

CLicky

Mark G - 30/5/08 at 04:54 PM

The hole shown is for the ecu temp sensor.
There is another hole underneath for the cluster temp sensor
There is a Thermostatic switch in the top hose from the rad to the thermostat for the rad fan.

I've got an old sensor thats no good if you just want to block it up. You're more than welcome to it.

[Edited on 30/5/08 by Mark G]

the_fbi - 30/5/08 at 07:02 PM

I stand corrected.

Got confused as I've got a silvertop stat housing on my blacktop with an unused top sensor, and a rad fan switch tied up to the battery as Ford decided it would be better to have the fan controlled by ambient air rather than water in the cooling system.

nathanharris1987 - 31/5/08 at 12:17 PM

rad fan switch ive got actually in the rad, another temp sender is the little mejobby going upward and in at an angle closest to the starter.

standard thread bolt doesnt work, like it stops a complete turn in, dont want to give it any va-va-voom incase the threads are crosssd

I give up trying to find the right bolt that will blank it and jus skiv another sender from scrappy and leave it hanging.

Baw bags.