Board logo

Bike carb manifold
Stuart_B - 26/3/08 at 09:02 PM

hi, here is my frist manifold i made, what do you think of it?

Stuart_B - 26/3/08 at 09:07 PM

forgot the photo. Rescued attachment 1.JPG
Rescued attachment 1.JPG

RichardK - 26/3/08 at 09:41 PM

I would be concerned about the carbs sticking out too far, mine is just inside, and I mean just.

Have you got your inlet boots and carbs yet I presume you have as you have put the bends in the outer pipes, have you do this so to prevent re spacing the carbs, have a dry run so you can see how far they will stick out.

2 penneth well deposited

Cheers

Rich

Stuart_B - 27/3/08 at 08:23 AM

Yes i ahve got the carbs, and the bends are there so i do not have to respace the carbs, and the carb end can be cut back. i will have a dry run with them soon.

stuart

DarrenW - 27/3/08 at 09:35 AM

My first manifold wasnt too far off that, i found what took the most work was fettling the internal bends so there were no sharp edges. I filled bad internal rads with mixy ali stuff and then sanded by hand.

What are you using for joining tubes?

Stuart_B - 27/3/08 at 01:54 PM

i got my tubes to join to the manifold. i use the rubbers which came with the carbs. Rescued attachment carbs.JPG
Rescued attachment carbs.JPG

jacko - 27/3/08 at 06:18 PM

Hi if you look in my photo archives there is a lot of photos of my manifold + engine photos with the carbs fitted it may help you
Jacko

Stuart_B - 27/3/08 at 06:43 PM

How did you weld your manifold Together Jacko,Rich and DarrenW?

and rich what type of filters are they?

jacko - 27/3/08 at 07:17 PM

Hi Stuart
in my photos you will see a jig i made. This bolts to a 5mm plate with holes to suit the head . then i made the pipes up but be fore welding them in the jig i clamped it all to a big lump of channel to stop to bending .
[ i used a mig welder ]
after welding it all up i brazed the insides of the pipes on the bends the smooth the flow .
I hope this helps you
Graham

Stuart_B - 27/3/08 at 07:45 PM

I used these rods and it did not go as well as i throught.

DarrenW - 28/3/08 at 10:09 AM

I cheated and used Boggs for mk2.

my filter is K&N challenger - rather large but doesnt run out of air.