Board logo

Engine stabiliser mounts
flak monkey - 3/6/07 at 02:10 PM

Anyone recognise the modifed engine mounts in the pic? No idea where I saw them. Looks a good idea and am considering doing something similar myself, as I think the rubber mounts I am using are a bit on the soft side.

Anyone know what the round rubbers are from?

TIA,
David Rescued attachment DSCN0516 sml.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN0516 sml.JPG

mookaloid - 3/6/07 at 02:11 PM

I think that's jacko's car

Cheers

Mark

nick205 - 3/6/07 at 02:24 PM

would it not be asier to get stiffer mounting rubbers?

The MK supplied engine mount rubbers and Westfiled supplied g/box mount are all hard solid rubber blocks. My Pinto moves very very little even under very hard acceleration.

Just seems simpler than making or buying more bits to solve the problem!

britishtrident - 3/6/07 at 02:29 PM

Just fit Land-Rover S3 engine mount rubbers -- a lot stiffer than Sierra

Mark Allanson - 3/6/07 at 02:30 PM

David, I have a westfield gearbox mount and landrover engine mounts on my pinto, and the engine has less than 5mm of movement in any direction (good job if you have seen my engine bay - how do people make these georgious uncluttered bays?)

flak monkey - 3/6/07 at 02:31 PM

Mines actually on fiesta engine mounts at the moment as that what was recommended.

Anyone know the dimensions (mainly height) of the MK ones or the S3 landy ones?

My crank pulley is only about 7 or 8mm clear of the inside of the nose as it is so i cant use any thicker/higher mounts.

David

flak monkey - 3/6/07 at 02:45 PM

These the landy ones?

Clicky

36mm thick, sounds ok

Cheers,
David

[Edited on 3/6/07 by flak monkey]

jacko - 3/6/07 at 05:14 PM

I'm glad you like it David my alternator hit the chassis before i made the mount the rubber is one i had from hm hm work cofff cofff
look in my archives
Graham

mark chandler - 3/6/07 at 05:42 PM

landrover SIII petrol are hard and round, if you get SIII diesel then these are square and harder still.

Rgds Mark