Board logo

Heater matrix orientation ('Norway' heater unit)
Headrush - 23/5/07 at 07:00 PM

Does anyone know which way up / round this heater unit goes?!?
The schematic cant be right as it'd never bleed and I cant figure out how it should be oriented!

Any ideas?!?

Peteff - 23/5/07 at 07:37 PM

Opposite way up to the picture with the two pipes into the engine bay and the motor underneath I'd say. Rescued attachment Norwayheater2.jpg
Rescued attachment Norwayheater2.jpg

Blackbird Rush - 23/5/07 at 09:13 PM

Jon,

This is pretty much the same unit i had in My V8 rush, rotate it round through 90 so the pipes are at the top right....

Ash.

Headrush - 24/5/07 at 07:43 AM

Cheers Ash -
I might flip the matrix and modify the housing so that the pipes come out top left as its much more in line with the rest of the plumbing. I guess then I reverse the flow as marked on the diagram as the front and back of the matrix will be reversed.
(I've already bonded a mounting plate and stand-off spacers to the inside of the scuttle so its easy enough to mount)

J

BTW thanks for the boot cover - it'll finish it off really nicely!

Headrush - 24/5/07 at 10:25 AM

I can rotate the unit and flip the matrix so that the outlet is at the top left, but then the return pipe will have to go down to the expansion tank hence creating an airlock - any ideas / suggestions how this can be avoided?!?
(Does anyone sell a 16mm or 5/8 pipe with a bleed screw in it like some manufacturers put on their hoses at air lock points?)
J

Blackbird Rush - 24/5/07 at 09:07 PM

Jon,

No Probs glad the cover went to a good home

My heater had the pipes at the top, exited through the scuttle then down to the engine, yes airlocks are a possability, but i never experianced them.

You could always get a household copper pipe T-piece, 15mm with a smaller outlet, then attach a short hose with a blanking bit in the end (bolt & hose clip worked for me) then you can bleed off the air if needed.

Ash.