Board logo

Radiator choice
peterparsons - 24/1/07 at 10:02 PM

I've read the threads, it looks like the best/ common choice radiator for a locost is from a VW polo. do you agree, what other options are there? where can I get one from ?
any help would be most welcome.

flak monkey - 24/1/07 at 10:06 PM

I used a polo one, cant complain. Its a pretty snug fit in the nose and is nice and neat...

The other option is a micra radiator. Not sure if theres much difference or benefit over the polo one to be fair.

David

gary gsx - 24/1/07 at 10:11 PM

I used a micra rad as ive got a luego nose cone, polo rad was a tad tight micra one is spot on

worX - 24/1/07 at 11:22 PM

not sure about the Polo one year mattering, but it really does with the micra one - and the engine size matters aswell - it has to one of the old micra's pre 86 or something like that (you know the mk1 shape micra?) and has to be for the 1 litre micra also - I bought mine direct, but from an advert on bays, you'll prob find one on there. It must have the filler on the far right (if you're looking from front of car)
U2U me if you want a pic of one.

ayoungman - 25/1/07 at 12:28 AM

Polo for me too. There aretwo or three different sizes of polo rad. They vary by about 150mm in width. Later ones I believe are more narrow. Rescued attachment DSCF0015.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0015.JPG

02GF74 - 25/1/07 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
can anyone give sizes for both please

DON:T BE SO LAZY

see here: http://www.radicool.co.uk/nissan/micra.htm

ayoungman - 25/1/07 at 12:07 PM

do a search for polo rad on here. I think all the variations have been listed before.