Board logo

crossflow cosworth
thunderace - 27/12/06 at 01:31 PM

hi guys,how do you tell if you have a cosworth xflow engine or not it has cosworth on ther rocker cover and 41.3 inlet 34mm ex valves fastcam twin 40s high comp pistons ect but would it marked anywhere so that you know for sure its a 1972 engine?
i have just fully rebuilt it and i dont know its it the real thing or not.(as you can buy a burton rockercover for £50 on ebay and say its a burton engine)the head looked very well ported and polished Rescued attachment DSCF0375.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0375.JPG

MikeRJ - 27/12/06 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
I wonder how soon this part will appear on ebay..........

Who actualy cares?

dave-69isit - 27/12/06 at 04:01 PM

only xflow i no to be cosworth was a pre crossflow

Marcus - 27/12/06 at 04:38 PM

The valve sizes stated are the next size up from GT spec - AFAIK the same size Caterham used in the Super Sprint. Cosworth were never big in crossflow terms, concentrating on Pintos etc, never heard of one in fact!

mark chandler - 27/12/06 at 05:17 PM

I agree, never heard of a cosworth crossflow, these engines all appeared when Lotus was king so twincam lotus heads et al started to appear.

Even if cosworth did do some heads I suspect they would be playing about with a standard ford casting so nothing to distinquish.

Regards Mark

Memphis Twin - 28/12/06 at 05:38 PM

I suspect that all you have is a Cosworth rocker cover from an early Lotus 7 pre-crossflow engine.

Chris.