Board logo

EFI 2.3l Lima/pinto guys in here please
C10CoryM - 28/3/06 at 01:49 AM

Hey guys,

Wondering if you can clear some things up for me. The engine I plan on using in my locost is an EFI 2.3L Lima from a 1990 mustang. Not because I like it, but because its what I have . Now that I removed my plugged convertors it will spin the tires into 2nd on my heavy mustang so should be enough for a locost.
Anyone installed an EFI one of theses in a locost?
From what I have seen it would appear Europe got the 2.0L pinto, then went to the duratec 2.3L?
I know the 2.3L lima is very similar to the 2.0l pinto, but the pinto was never efi here (I think) and there was no TBI 2.3Ls.

I know I am going to have to modify the intake to fit under a hood. It runs from the head and up over the valve cover. What I had in mind was to turn the plenum between throttle body and the intake 90degrees and shorten it a bit. Either that or cut the hood.
Anyhow, I would love to see pics of any pinto or 2.3L lima powered locosts but especially EFI ones.

Here is a pic of the stock 2.3L in cause it helps clear up what engine I have.
Cheers. Rescued attachment 4bang.jpg
Rescued attachment 4bang.jpg

NS Dev - 28/3/06 at 07:37 AM

I think "Dale" on here is using a lima turbo?

Certainly supposed to be very similar to the pinto (same block??) but that's as much as I know!

NS Dev - 28/3/06 at 07:40 AM

yep here ya go!

[img][/img]

C10CoryM - 30/3/06 at 03:35 AM

Thanks Dev.

I think I emailed Dale a while back asking him a few questions. He was kind enough to send some advice my way.

I know there is no way it will fit under the hood stock as I think most guys fight to fit carbed valve/cam covers underhood.
Oh well, I will sort it out.
Thanks again.