Board logo

where to get rad hoses
smart51 - 2/8/05 at 10:53 AM

I need to buy some rad hoses, tee pieces and hose joiners. I havn't found anywhere that sells all the parts I need. Where is good to try?

tom_loughlin - 2/8/05 at 11:03 AM

i got mine from demon tweeks, not the cheapest, but its good to e able to get everything in one place, and theyre local to me.

Tom

phoenix70 - 2/8/05 at 11:15 AM

Try Burtons, they have a good selection

https://www.burtonpower.com

Peteff - 2/8/05 at 11:20 AM

22mm, 15mm and 8mm solder ring fittings. Rescued attachment pipejoin2.JPG
Rescued attachment pipejoin2.JPG

MAB - 2/8/05 at 11:49 AM

I recall Shortie getting all of his SAMCO ones from Mac#1 - 0114 2619633

I just got mine from local PIRTEK

DarrenW - 2/8/05 at 12:09 PM

Im going to get the Mac#1 Samco hoses, they look the dogs danglies. There fans are a good price as well.

Must get a see thro bonnet!!

nick205 - 2/8/05 at 12:11 PM

Like your style Pete

I did the same for a T piece - cost about £1 in bits from the local plumbers merchant. You also get the benefit of the larger section where the solder lies, which if you clamp the hose behind it stops the hose slipping/blowing off the fitting.

Nick

Peteff - 2/8/05 at 02:32 PM

You can get adaptors from 15mm to 8mm, that's what I used on the oil cooler fitting, who's going to see it when the bonnet's on is my theory. All the lot cost under £4.

marc n - 2/8/05 at 04:03 PM

silicone hoses

regards

marc

viatron - 2/8/05 at 05:02 PM

I know its a bit bling but anyonw know of a sourse of silicone hoses in Red?

Mac

chriscook - 2/8/05 at 05:10 PM

I got my silicone hose from Highbury Hose - which a few people on here have used. Prices are cheap and they seem to make to order which has benefits when you want a bend that has a longer leg than the standard samco offerings. Even though they are made to order i ordered mine last wednesday and got them on saturday.

Not sure what colours they do but I would be surprised if they didn't do a range. Best bet is to phone them.

If you must have Samco, Rally Design seemed to be cheapest. But they charge a lot for delivery.

Chris

- But because i'm not building a locost feel free to ignore me;>

smart51 - 2/8/05 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marc n
silicone hoses

regards

marc

First place I looked Marc! Your web site doesn't mention the 32 - 32 - 15 tee piece that I need, amongst other things.

Dillinger1977 - 8/8/05 at 09:43 AM

hey fella, keep a list of what hoses you need to plumb the r1 up. will need them myself soon!