Board logo

Can anyone identify this?
paulf - 18/7/05 at 11:47 AM

I picked up a few parts at the weekend including this piper vernier cam pulley, the person selling it thought it could be either vauxhall single cam or pinto.There are no identification markings on it so i cannot find out that way.I would like to find out so I can Ebay it as i dont want to be selling something im not certain of .
The counterbore that fits the camshaft is35mm dia.
Paul.

[Edited on 18/7/05 by paulf] Rescued attachment DSCF0032.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0032.JPG

paulf - 18/7/05 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Rescued attachment DSCF0033.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0033.JPG

Peteff - 18/7/05 at 11:50 AM

Teeth look too deep for a Pinto and it has no woodruff slot

Northy - 18/7/05 at 05:17 PM

Could be SOHC VX.

paulf - 19/7/05 at 09:00 PM

Ive now established that the centre is the same as a VX SOHC 1.8 or 2.0 but it has a smaller od and fewer teeth.Is it likely to be the smaller engine as fitted to astras novas etc?
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Northy
Could be SOHC VX.

omega 24 v6 - 20/7/05 at 11:46 AM

I seem to recall something about V/hall having two different types of cam belt. One with rounded teeth (like your cam pulley ) and one with square teeth. Like I said I seem to recollect this but i'm not 100% sure.

ned - 20/7/05 at 12:13 PM

the profile of the teeth looks like early vauxhall xe (later ones/ecotecs are squarer teeth) the xe also has the peg type locating hole, couldn't advise on the od size or number of teeth though. could well be vx sohc as already said, don't know anything about he small block vx's myself (1.6 and below).

Ned.