Board logo

Look at all that space
white130d - 28/1/05 at 04:18 PM

Well I got my 1275 Midget engine finished up yesterday, got it attached to the transmission and set it all into place. Now I can route the exhaust, I am using a Mini 3 branch since it exits to the back of the mini, which is the side when used inline. All I need to do is shorten the tubes so the go thru the side instead of under the car.
When I placed the engine into the chassis it droped to a ride height of 4" at the front. I may need to raise it up a little.

David. Rescued attachment DSC00669.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00669.JPG

chunkielad - 28/1/05 at 04:52 PM

4" is about right for ride height mate - these are VERY low cars - some people are even lower!!!!

You have a lot of space their mate - got any expanding foam to fill it?

Stu16v - 28/1/05 at 05:16 PM

Dont worry about ride heights just yet. Even though the engine is the 'bulk' of the weight, by the looks of it, there is a fair bit more to be added yet...

Looking good!

[Edited on 28/1/05 by Stu16v]

DarrenW - 28/1/05 at 05:17 PM

You could do with an engine in there - is that the starter motor i can see????

rusty nuts - 28/1/05 at 06:21 PM

Try putting the steering column on the right side, would help with clearance ! [ we drive on the left in england] looking good , Rusty

Dale - 28/1/05 at 06:33 PM

looks like lots of room for a turbo in there.
Dale

zilspeed - 28/1/05 at 07:33 PM

Do us a favour and bolt the rocker cover on there. Preferably in Austin Morris Green with brass wing nuts

Just like the real Se7en I saw at Knockhill a few years back.

I really respect you for using an a series. It's very proper for a car close to the spirit of the original