Board logo

Anyone used one of these?
Mark Allanson - 3/9/04 at 08:31 PM

I am struggling with my gearbox mount. I want the box really tight in the chassis (cos it will hit stuff if it moves too much!). I was going to use a landrover engine mount, but they are M10 not M12. I stiffened up the standard sierra mount with screen bond, but its not stiff enough.

Westys have this mount which looks stiff - but is it? Anyone know? Rescued attachment WestyMount.jpg
Rescued attachment WestyMount.jpg

bob - 3/9/04 at 08:42 PM

Mark

I've heard it is stiffer,but to make sure how a about a trip to the westie forum as they must know the answer.

macspeedy - 3/9/04 at 09:06 PM

westy mount is very stiff! i can highly recomend it hammered the car on testing today and had no knocking!

Mark Allanson - 3/9/04 at 09:27 PM

Just ordered one online, only £10, should save a lot of messing about trying to cobble something together. Yet another manufacturer to add to the list of bits to justify a Q plate

stressy - 4/9/04 at 08:15 AM

It is indeed much stiffer, and smaller. Its an old ford part in origin i believe.

£10 well spent, even a new sierra mount is a bit soft for the avaliable gearbox swinging room.

Steve Hnz - 4/9/04 at 09:20 AM

Anyone know what old ford part?
Cheers, Steve.

NS Dev - 4/9/04 at 11:49 AM

cheers for all the info!

I'll be ordering one too!

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/9/04 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hnz
Anyone know what old ford part?
Cheers, Steve.

Looks like Model T ...LOL

Mix - 5/9/04 at 04:07 PM

From your picture it looks as though it would fit my MT75 which was removed from a 2.0l DOHC. Worth a look ?

Mick

Mark Allanson - 26/9/04 at 08:49 PM

I finally got around to fitting it, I had to make up a lower mount to carry it, but very pleased, very little movement, and neat. Westfield also do one for the MT75 box, but I don't know the difference Rescued attachment GearboxMount3.jpg
Rescued attachment GearboxMount3.jpg