Board logo

Twin Weber 45 Help
Benzine - 24/8/04 at 04:07 PM

I'm confused (no change there) about my twin 45 webers. Firstly i want to check if the correct linkage kit was sent. The throttle bodies are on the same side of each carb i.e. not both in the centre? Is it just a case of taking it off one side and on to the other?(so both meet in the middle) I ask because the instructions i got with them really were no help at all. Also i'm not sure whats with the t piece for the fuel line, does it go where i have it held and i have to run a line to the other carb?

These are the parts i have:

Thanks for any help,
Noob...i mean Ben

EDIT: also if anyone has any pictures/diagrams/links that would be splendid and tremendous!

[Edited on 24/8/04 by Benzine]

macspeedy - 24/8/04 at 04:47 PM

will try and find better pic Rescued attachment showingitgairfilter.jpg
Rescued attachment showingitgairfilter.jpg

mangogrooveworkshop - 24/8/04 at 05:15 PM

the one carb sits in between the other adjustment screws

Benzine - 24/8/04 at 06:15 PM

Wow, uber helpful. You guys rawk

Another thing, from that second pic i understand the linkage but what do these parts do? Are they just extra in the linkage kit for other types of carbs?

macspeedy - 24/8/04 at 07:12 PM

yep

Benzine - 24/8/04 at 08:47 PM

You know the plate with the adjustment screws? (in mangos pic) that doesn't seem to line up with the other linkage, 90 degrees off. Anyway way of making them line up?

macspeedy - 25/8/04 at 04:27 PM

if you take the end off the end that doesn't need an end and use it in the middle it should work the one you are trying to use is for the linkage slung under the carbs, hope that makes sense

Benzine - 25/8/04 at 05:41 PM

Got it all sorted now, basically the left hand part from the last pic i posted is used with the springy one