Board logo

Expensive noise!!!
Bigboystoys - 6/5/11 at 07:42 PM

Right people I need a few suggestions, got a quote today to have an end can/ silencer made for my car today and it's a little more than expected. My manifolds are fine it's just the silencer I want to replace to take the edge noise at motorway cruising speeds. What sort of price are people paying for a stainless silencer and where?? Thanks sam.

austin man - 6/5/11 at 07:47 PM

Try Martin Keenan MK engineering

Ben_Copeland - 6/5/11 at 07:55 PM

Ask 907 on here... he makes them to spec.

daniel mason - 6/5/11 at 07:56 PM

take a look at jetex's custom parts online, they sell a range of simons silencers at reasonable prices. you could use 2 smaller silencers like pwl on here.
search pwl and click on the thread 'what are the benefits of certain silencers. there is a pic on there.

rusty nuts - 6/5/11 at 07:57 PM

Another vote for 907 and he's fairly close to you

snapper - 6/5/11 at 08:02 PM

You get what you pay for
907 modded my manifold to take one of his exhausts built to my spec 2 1/2" bore it's goood

[Edited on 6/5/11 by snapper]

ashg - 6/5/11 at 08:36 PM

i have got a 907 one halved the volume of my exhaust. plus the fabrication is spot on, very minimalist in construction but perfectly thought out.

ashg - 6/5/11 at 08:38 PM

must say my 907 exhaust looks pretty good too

daniel mason - 6/5/11 at 08:44 PM

how restrictive are these cans though? they do look very nice,but how much design and testing has gone into these to make sure the are not sapping power? his work looks awesome by the way and im not having a go or anything.jus wondering!

ashg - 6/5/11 at 08:47 PM

you will be hard pushed to find a better can tbh. titanium innards, acousta foam wadding.........

SeaBass - 6/5/11 at 08:48 PM

How restrictive can a straight through exhaust can be?? Compared to an R1 can where the exhaust changes direction completely twice as it exits.

AidanPlace - 6/5/11 at 08:49 PM

+1 for 907's work

One on my westfield

INDY BIRD - 6/5/11 at 09:03 PM

whats your budget then?? i do know someone also who makes quality cans etc,

near stansted airport

cheers

or these any good for you

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/search,b.html?q=exhaustlink

[Edited on 6/5/11 by INDY BIRD]

Bigboystoys - 6/5/11 at 10:27 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions people, I keep hearing about these 907's so might have to give him a call. My price limit is about £250 really. Not a tight arse bit can't really justify much more than that just for the silencer. My manifold cost me enough!!!! Just as well it was interchangeable from fireblade to gsxr.
Thanks sam

Bigboystoys - 6/5/11 at 10:27 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions people, I keep hearing about these 907's so might have to give him a call. My price limit is about £250 really. Not a tight arse bit can't really justify much more than that just for the silencer. My manifold cost me enough!!!! Just as well it was interchangeable from fireblade to gsxr.
Thanks sam

Simon - 7/5/11 at 12:25 AM

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/download/catalogue.pdf (page 51) if 907 too pricey (I have no idea on his prices...)

ATB

Simon

MakeEverything - 7/5/11 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
How restrictive can a straight through exhaust can be?? Compared to an R1 can where the exhaust changes direction completely twice as it exits.

Mine sounds really fruity. Its 2.25" all the way through (all 500mm of it), has only 1 bend in it and has a blue flame titanium straight through can on it, with removable baffle.

Finished 2
Finished 2

coozer - 7/5/11 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
must say my 907 exhaust looks pretty good too

Fanny magnet, I just don't get it....