Board logo

Another dyno result
flak monkey - 1/10/10 at 01:24 PM

Had the GTS on the rolling road again today after changing the cams for Raceline 210 spec ones.

Took it to Northampton Motorsport this time and Troy there gets a very good recommendation from me. Very friendly, thorough, and has made an exceptional job of the mapping. The car is now better than it has ever been.

The result was:

01-10-10 dyno result
01-10-10 dyno result

291.2bhp @6,456rpm and 240.1lbft @6,333rpm at the flywheel. Which translates to 273.3bhp and 226.2lbft at the wheels.

With 190lbft from 4000rpm up its certainly fun in the wet!

Boost dropped from 12psi with standard cams, to 10psi with the mild road cams. So there is scope for more power with more boost if you want to get silly.

David

scootz - 1/10/10 at 01:26 PM

ReMan - 1/10/10 at 01:30 PM

I claim my poll prize

TimC - 1/10/10 at 01:31 PM

[Sarcasm]I preferred the Pinto install.[/Sarcasm]

Holy Moly those are some fat numbers!

Nice work!

beaver34 - 1/10/10 at 03:17 PM

why go for the boost drop

power seems good though does it feel quicker

stevec - 1/10/10 at 03:18 PM

Nice one David.
Steve.

big-vee-twin - 1/10/10 at 03:52 PM

Shame you've sold it

flak monkey - 1/10/10 at 04:25 PM

Thanks guys, pretty pleased with the result to be honest.

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34

Boost naturally dropped as I havent changed the pulley and the airflow has increased due to the power increase.

No idea if its quicker as its been pi55ing down with rain all day. I know it will spin the wheels at 70 in 5th in the wet with about 3/4 throttle though....

carpmart - 1/10/10 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Thanks guys, pretty pleased with the result to be honest.

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34

Boost naturally dropped as I havent changed the pulley and the airflow has increased due to the power increase.

No idea if its quicker as its been pi55ing down with rain all day. I know it will spin the wheels at 70 in 5th in the wet with about 3/4 throttle though....

I understand vanish is good for certain underwear stains!

Oss - 1/10/10 at 05:36 PM

OK. Sounds like it should be a fun drive now! We did discuss having a spare pulley sizes to tweak the boost at the dyno, but decided to leave it where it was so there is scope for playing after next season. I think the wet grip is always a bit limited in a light car so not too concerned. The real test will be clutch slip issues. Anyway, cheers Flak Monkey - I'll have to come a pick it up shortly!

[Edited on 1/10/10 by Oss]

flak monkey - 1/10/10 at 06:30 PM

No problem Oss

I'll push to get the screen sorted and will keep you up to date.

daniel mason - 1/10/10 at 06:36 PM

is the 18 bhp loss about what is expected of a motor with this power?
i was under the impression that with the s2000 (f20c motor) the hondas were producing around 205 rwhp! which is a loss of over twice the ponies yours had lost! im interested in a reply to this.
also oss, there is a few 7 owners not too far from blackburn, so if you fancy a run out next spring/summer we should meet up! if i can pull my finger out and finish the mnr!

[Edited on 1/10/10 by daniel mason]

flak monkey - 1/10/10 at 06:44 PM

The losses were certainly a LOT less that I was expecting, but were confirmed over 3 coast downs all giving the same reading. The rollers at NMS are the modern single rollers if it makes any difference.

The wheel BHP/lbft figures are from the dyno print out BTW not some estimate I have made

ETA the NMS dyno is also known to be pretty accurately calibrated. But I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts too...

[Edited on 1/10/10 by flak monkey]

daniel mason - 1/10/10 at 06:50 PM

excellent results btw! such a shame it has to go!

beaver34 - 1/10/10 at 06:59 PM

what clutch does it run and what are the limits on it?

flak monkey - 1/10/10 at 07:11 PM

Clutch is an AP Racin RS turbo race spec cover plate with an organic pinto friction plate. Seems to stand up well to what its got going through it at the moment.

You could increase the torque capacity with a sintered paddle plate no doubt should it require it. After that the option is a 7.25" twin plate set up.

beaver34 - 1/10/10 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Clutch is an AP Racin RS turbo race spec cover plate with an organic pinto friction plate. Seems to stand up well to what its got going through it at the moment.

You could increase the torque capacity with a sintered paddle plate no doubt should it require it. After that the option is a 7.25" twin plate set up.

i see, i have the choice of a ap paddle or a twin plate ap at the moment, ill be running very similar power to you, i was swaying towards the normal paddle as i would like driveablitly as the mrs will be using it and she is more likly to get along with that than a twin plate

nick205 - 1/10/10 at 07:53 PM

Great work David, a credit to your engine build and charger installation work.

You'll be sad to see it drive away when it goes

AdrianH - 1/10/10 at 08:45 PM

Oss, remind me to pull over when you go to overtake, I don't want to be in your way! Can loose mine on the greasy, pot holey, wet roads around here with a third of that power.

Look forward to seeing the car out there will be awesome.

Adrian

perksy - 1/10/10 at 09:35 PM

Been to Northampton Motorsport a few times now with different Westfields and have Always been impressed with Troy and the team

He always takes time to explain what He's doing and why

Well worth the trip

alistairolsen - 1/10/10 at 09:43 PM

rolling road readouts are fraught with inaccuracies and best only ever used as a comparator for spec changes on the same rollers.

Curves look good and the car sounds like fun!