Board logo

Bike Carb Mod
RichardK - 15/9/09 at 09:25 PM

Noticed the inlet rubber on my number one carb wasn't on the pen line I drew on the inlet manifold when I initially fitted them so thought I have a go at stopping what could be a future problem.

Believe the carb weight and vibration caused the carbs to move slightly.

I simply made a couple of strips of steel bent to shape with a hole at each end.

Anybody see a flaw to my cunning plan?

Cheers

Rich

austin man - 15/9/09 at 09:38 PM

I see a flaw in the filters your using, you will really be resticting the airflow with those

RichardK - 15/9/09 at 09:51 PM

Funnily enough David Boggs did too They do look nice popping through my bonnet though, strangly though, they don't appear to affect performance and goes really well for a 1.6.

Cheers

Rich

A1 - 15/9/09 at 10:14 PM

how do they restrict airflow? ive got ones like that and they work really well...
lots of nice induction noise too

iscmatt - 16/9/09 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I see a flaw in the filters your using, you will really be resticting the airflow with those

This what first crossed my mind! A nice Pipercross Filter on there will do it the world of good, allowing to breath a lot easier.

To add i think the the brackets you have added are a great idea, even for just piece of mind! Good work.

r1_pete - 16/9/09 at 07:11 AM

I did similar when designing my setup and airbox, tried to replicate how they were supported on the bike:

Carbs wont fall off1
Carbs wont fall off1

enginedone
enginedone

[Edited on 16/9/09 by r1_pete]