Board logo

Zetec & Type 9
Bumble - 17/8/09 at 09:01 PM

Fitting a 1.8 Zetec & R6 TB's into Locost. Not sure of the bellhousing type....any clues?? Seems like it's going to be real squeeze getting the Engine / Box to fit. I've placed the gearbox as far back as bellhousing and gearlever permit. Would welcome similar pics from your cars + any tips or advice.
Thanks,
Mattjn Rescued attachment IMG_4768.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_4768.JPG

Bumble - 17/8/09 at 09:02 PM

Bellhousing...... Rescued attachment IMG_4776.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_4776.JPG

madteg - 17/8/09 at 09:19 PM

Having the engine that far forward means it will stick through the bonnet and might even hit the nose cone. Mine only just fits under the bonnet.

Bumble - 17/8/09 at 09:23 PM

How do I get the engine further back....others have done it??

MikeR - 17/8/09 at 09:38 PM

thats perfectly fine. most (99% locosts) which the mk bodywork fits perfectly are setup that way.

Have 1 to 2cm between the bell housing and the chassis and you'll be fine.

austin man - 17/8/09 at 09:41 PM

everything should fit if thats an MK Chasis, have fitte a 2 litre silvertop in one with roughly the same clearance at the rear of the bellhousing, also fitted on in a locost chasis with no probs. If its a silver top yo will need to alter the steering column to miss the oil filter I wuill post a pic ture of the modification

Bumble - 17/8/09 at 09:50 PM

It's a Martin Keenan built Locost chassis. Engine is a 1.8 Silvertop Zetec. Would appreciate pics of the mods to the steering column plus any other pearls of wisdom you can offer.
Cheers,
Matt Rescued attachment IMG_4573.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_4573.JPG