Board logo

Zetec pipework pictures?
Charlie_Zetec - 8/4/09 at 03:08 PM

Has anyone got any pictures of the plumbing they've got/done with a zetec engine? Just want to ensure I do it properly 1st time round!

I'm planning on using SFS silicone hoses and a thin-wall metal tube for rad pipework, gonna cost a small fortune me thinks.

And if you're wondering, I haven't got an exhaust manifold as yet - was more concerned with getting the engine up and running before I started with such trivial matters....

Slater - 8/4/09 at 03:35 PM

u2u me with your e-mail address, I will send you my zetec plumbing diagram with photos.

As for thin walled metal tube I used some old hoover extension tubes 38mm dia and lots of rubber hoses cut from various cars at the scrapyard. I only had to buy one reducer elbow and some straight hose.

If you want to go bling then spend lots of cash on silicone hoses.

dunk3 - 8/4/09 at 04:30 PM

Take a look in my photos

coozer - 8/4/09 at 06:08 PM

Heres mine, top ali hose is a aerial pole from B&Q, 32mm ID

Small output under the main one is a bypass, goes to the bottom hose. This is 22mm copper pipe on mine. Don't do as I did and plumb the header tank into it, it pushes coolant out when the engine is cold.

I replumbed the header pipe into the bottom hose separate from the bypass hose.

Steve

r1_pete - 8/4/09 at 07:13 PM

Here you go:
Header tank is tee'd into the heater to bottom hose - hose, the cap on the stat housing is just a cap, not a pressure cap, header tank has the pressure cap.
Its running a raceline water rail, but thats mainly due to only having 40mm between the head and bulkhead. Rescued attachment engine bay 2 s.jpg
Rescued attachment engine bay 2 s.jpg

zetec - 8/4/09 at 08:04 PM

Here's mine... Rescued attachment 02620026.JPG
Rescued attachment 02620026.JPG

timex - 8/4/09 at 08:14 PM

Look in our pics!

procomp - 9/4/09 at 06:55 AM

Hi

Zetec plumbing at it's most simpelest. Incorporates a header tank for expansion.

Darryls engine bay L/H side
Darryls engine bay L/H side

Cheers Matt