Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: civic drop link
thunderace

posted on 23/2/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
civic drop link

hi im doing a drop link on a civic and i normaly use the jack under the links to stop them moving but this one is side on do i need to buy a special tool to remove it?? and refit the new one?? Rescued attachment Picture civic.jpg
Rescued attachment Picture civic.jpg

macnab

posted on 23/2/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
to take it off, clean that thread real well preferably with a blow torch.

if it's the taper spinning, try cleaning the thread very well and tightning up with a plane nut and then replacing it with a nyloc once the taper bit in. A few scratches on the taper might help.

[Edited on 23/2/07 by macnab]

Mansfield

posted on 23/2/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
If you are replacing the droplink, you could cut the boot off and get some small mole grips to hold the shaft. Make sure you have the room/small enough grips before too much butchering. Works every time for me but you cant reuse the links. You have more room if the joints are really knackered as well. I know this because nearly all the joints on my Peugeot are/were knackered.
Aboardman

posted on 23/2/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
when i had to do the front springs on my focus had to remove the drop links, on a focus you put a allen key into the end of the thread section and undo the nut.

however whos stupid idea this is needs a good kicking, because as as soon as you as you apply pressure to the allen key it splits the threaded section, so i had to force mole grips on behind the boot, guess who know has to replace the drop rods.

gazza285

posted on 23/2/07 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Puegoet and Volvo ones have two flats on the other side from the nut for a spanner. Worth having a look.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 23/2/07 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cut it off if you're replacing it. Why bother undoing it?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.