tul214

posted on 4/1/07 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Kit Car Crisis on now

Disc.RT Extra

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

cct7kitcars

posted on 4/1/07 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
im on that program dont know if it is a good thing or bad thing

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, Tequila in the other, body bearing battle scars and totally worn out, screaming- WOO HOO!! What a Ride!

cct7kitcars

posted on 4/1/07 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
have one of what ??

[Edited on 4/1/07 by cct7kitcars]

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, Tequila in the other, body bearing battle scars and totally worn out, screaming- WOO HOO!! What a Ride!

David Jenkins

posted on 4/1/07 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
I couldn't watch that programme for more than 10 minutes as a time, as otherwise my screen was in jeopardy! The bloke was such an unbelievable moron that it became unwatchable.

Of course, what he should have done would not have made a TV series - he already owned a Phoenix or similar, which he should have made track-worthy and used for one season. This would have given him loads of experience, both on-track and in the workshop. THEN, he could have considered a one-off racer!

Just my humble opinion, of course...

cct7kitcars

posted on 4/1/07 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
they guy was a prick would never want to have any thing to do with him again

rjs

posted on 4/1/07 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
So when & what time is it on anyway ?
macnab

posted on 4/1/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
were's it on? the telly? never heard of it.

fesycresy

posted on 4/1/07 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
If someone had told me about the program without watching it, I'd have thought they were making it up !

The only thing it lacked were the strops breaking and the car crashing through the roof of the house

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

tul214

posted on 4/1/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think the comedy continues later tonight.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

chockymonster

posted on 4/1/07 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
If someone had told me about the program without watching it, I'd have thought they were making it up !

The only thing it lacked were the strops breaking and the car crashing through the roof of the house

Now I'm no engineer but even I could see where he was going to have issues!
Hmm, let me put an untried drivetrain setup in the car and give up when it all goes screwey. The guy was a muppet, total head in the sand attitude. Very funny TV though

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cct7kitcars

posted on 4/1/07 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
still dont think the show car has run yet Rescued attachment car with girls.jpg
Rescued attachment car with girls.jpg

Jon Ison

posted on 4/1/07 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cct7kitcars
they guy was a prick would never want to have any thing to do with him again

Met him a couple of times, wouldn't describe him as a prick though, misguided maybe.
He worked in TV had the idea but it was taken over by others and he was left as the fall guy, editing can be like statistics, make it say or look like what you want it too. The only thing he got out of it was the shed, the rest came out of his pocket.

I'm on a couple of episode too btw, look out for the GT1 at Mallory.

James

posted on 4/1/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Is it downloadable anywhere?

For those of us who disapprove of digital telly?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

cct7kitcars

posted on 4/1/07 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
i want to see the one where im on it

James

posted on 4/1/07 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cct7kitcars
i want to see the one where im on it

We don't!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

cct7kitcars

posted on 4/1/07 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
We don't!

thanks a lot

andrews_45

posted on 4/1/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Set it for series link, still aint seen it yet
PaulBuz

posted on 4/1/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
The thing that strikes me about him, is his utter & total lack of self confidence in his abilities.
I know the Dominator isn't one of the most straight forward builds, but surely he would have been better with a kiddy mechano kit (westfield, Caterham etc.)

ATB
Paul

G.Man

posted on 4/1/07 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulBuz
The thing that strikes me about him, is his utter & total lack of self confidence in his abilities.
I know the Dominator isn't one of the most straight forward builds, but surely he would have been better with a kiddy mechano kit (westfield, Caterham etc.)

I think he left himself in the hands of the experts and they failed him...

I had MAJOR issues with my build, far worse than him, and MNR saw me thru it with some excellent support, something he didnt get from either car builder...

I know one of them is now advertising BEC versions, probably the other one is as well... if they are both in business... shame they didnt provide it and some engineering know how for tv

[Edited on 4/1/07 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

James

posted on 5/1/07 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Shame he didn't go to MK for help!

It's not like they don't know the design pretty well!

Cheers,
James

cct7kitcars

posted on 5/1/07 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
quote:
Originally posted by PaulBuz

I think he left himself in the hands of the experts and they failed him...

I had MAJOR issues with my build, far worse than him, and MNR saw me thru it with some excellent support, something he didnt get from either car builder...

I know one of them is now advertising BEC versions, probably the other one is as well... if they are both in business... shame they didnt provide it and some engineering know how for tv

[Edited on 4/1/07 by G.Man]

the build of the dominator was quite easy and for the lack of suport that mark got the car was built by any one but him he didnt have a clue should of seen him off camera but hey i have nothing to do with the dominator or does he call himself pulse cars now far as i know he only sold two cars and the chassis for the tv show should of never been used but who am i to say any thing

joe

andrews_45

posted on 5/1/07 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Was the dominator a MK 'rip off'? A few of the things on that chassis look very similar to my MK bits? For example, the steering column mount points and wishbones
tul214

posted on 5/1/07 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Joe,

Purely out of interest......what is/was your connection?

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.