Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Friday afternoon Rover
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 16/10/06 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Friday afternoon Rover

I have a P reg 216 k engined Rover (first bubble shaped one)

I'm sure it was thrown together with the bits they had left over 1 day

I previously found out it had the front discs and calipers from the old honda engined 216,

also today I find the rad is the one from an automatic.

I'm sure this sort of thing isn't unusual just wanted to share my experience

[Edited on 16/10/06 by liam.mccaffrey]

rusty nuts

posted on 16/10/06 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Your lucky its not French as Renault sometimes use brake shoes that are not even listed for the model they are fitted to
jollygreengiant

posted on 16/10/06 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I came across a Fiat city van once that the dealers (or anyone else come to that) didn't make carry or have the spec for the front discs. Had to buy in a pair of the closest fitting discs and have them machined down by 2mm on the inboard face just to clear the caliper carrier.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Mark Allanson

posted on 16/10/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I think that all amigo's and cityvans had twin leading shoes! A disc brake model must be the abarth variant

Back to rover quality control, look at this track control arm - spot the deliberate mistake Rescued attachment Rover QC.JPG
Rescued attachment Rover QC.JPG

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

stevebubs

posted on 16/10/06 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
I have a P reg 216 k engined Rover (first bubble shaped one)

I'm sure it was thrown together with the bits they had left over 1 day

I previously found out it had the front discs and calipers from the old honda engined 216,

also today I find the rad is the one from an automatic.

I'm sure this sort of thing isn't unusual just wanted to share my experience

[Edited on 16/10/06 by liam.mccaffrey]

Nope not unusual. My dad had one of the first 800s from new c. 1987. Apparently the 820i had 7 (or some daft number like this) of different exhaust systems in the first 9 months or so....

NS Dev

posted on 17/10/06 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
I think that all amigo's and cityvans had twin leading shoes! A disc brake model must be the abarth variant

Back to rover quality control, look at this track control arm - spot the deliberate mistake

you are joking????????

I assume this was taken inside the rover plant or a subcontractor?

If that left the plant, with bushes pressed in etc, then no wonder they went to the wall!!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

NS Dev

posted on 17/10/06 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
having said that, I did hear from a mate that worked at massey ferguson in coventry, that on day on the rolling road in the plant they had a tractor on test that had a pretty poor sounding gearbox (apparently not that unusual) when it was stripped to be sent back down the track they found that one of the gears was an "ex metallurgical test sample" one, that had had a 20 degree segment removed for testing!!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

ned

posted on 17/10/06 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Back to rover quality control, look at this track control arm - spot the deliberate mistake

is it missing a hole?

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 17/10/06 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
quote:

you are joking????????

I assume this was taken inside the rover plant or a subcontractor?

If that left the plant, with bushes pressed in etc, then no wonder they went to the wall!!!!

Taken out of the box in my office, they obviously check stuff very carefully at the factory - the parts guy laughed and said the balljoint hole was extra, he would send one down for us to fit!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.