Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More superb work from Bogg Bros
donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
More superb work from Bogg Bros

Received my Zetec/R1 inlet manifold today and had to post some pics. Superb work from Bogg Bros

Image deleted by owner
[img][/img]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
garyo

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
what sort of hose is that they've used? It doesn't look like silicone or rubber.

Gary

donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
I have no idea to be honest. Looks up to the job though.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice indeed. How much did that cost you?
Ive just been given some ZZR carbs and have started thinking about making a steel manifold.

froggy

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
i cant wait to get mine now! Rescued attachment CIMG0010.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG0010.JPG

Surrey Dave

posted on 1/2/06 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
First Dibs!!

Andy , if you bang your head on the kitchen cupboard again and decide to fit a British Seagull engine to your Indy can I have 1st dibs on these!!!
donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Darren: £210 jetted for the Zetec and cleaned. Can't be bad!

Mr Dave: BOGG OFF!! (Get it - Bogg as in Bogg Bros!! God i'm good )

Andy

DarrenW

posted on 1/2/06 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
£210 for manifold, cleaning and jets!!!! Thats very good. Did they say you might need dyno jet? What fuel pump do they recommend?

What is next? Pipe them up and take whole car in for Rolling road??? How much do you reckon all in?

froggy

posted on 1/2/06 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
according to boggs most popular conversions have been on thier rollers so they should work well straight away. the v8 kit was set up on the rollers and my engine spec is similar to the other guy who has had the conversion so it should be pretty close ,the only downside for carbs is losing the manifold vacuum for cars still running vac advance dizzy
andyharding

posted on 1/2/06 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm convinced. They've just had my order for a 2L Pinto conversion.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

DarrenW

posted on 1/2/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
I know Boggs will do full conversion all in for £600 ish. Im just trying to get a feeling how much part work costs.
I have carbs now. Will try and make manifold. May need there help with setting up or even completing the installation. Are they normally up for doing the final stage work or do they mainly try and push for full conversion?

donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Darren:

I'm sure they will do anything you ask!!

They didn't reccomend any fuel pump but suggested that a proper rolling road session would get the best out of the set up. Phone them for a quote.

Andy: I should be on comission!!

Andy

James

posted on 1/2/06 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Wait a minute... has someone brought up an old thread or am I getting a sense of Deja Vu?

James

[Edited on 1/2/06 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
You're just going mad pal!! These are for R1 carbs and the others were for ZX9R carbs (of which i have a spare set going cheap!!

Andy

froggy

posted on 1/2/06 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
just a little note: if your bying r1 carbs off ebay make sure they come boxed and well cushioned as my first set were wrapped in cardboard and the choke cable bracket had snapped breaking one of the carb bodies
donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Oooh nasty! I bought mine from Bob on here so they were hand delivered! (Cheers Bob!!)

Andy

froggy

posted on 1/2/06 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
tell me about it! but steve tells me that kurts v8 started well with just one bank of carbs being choked.
are you going for mapped ignition on your pinto ? im having vac take offs on all the inlet stubs to keep my vac advance as its worth a couple of mpg on my motor

donut

posted on 1/2/06 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
The carbs are for my 1800 zetec which is sitting in the garage. I will probably use Megajolt for the clever bits and an Edis 4 unit. The Pinto that's in the car will stay pretty std for the summer.

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.