Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autosport Show...pictures please :-)
Alan B

posted on 8/1/03 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Autosport Show...pictures please :-)

Title says it all really.

All interesting photos would be nice to see. Especially any new stuff, Coram etc.

Cheers

Alan B

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ijohnston99

posted on 8/1/03 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'll do my best. I've got to contribute something!!!

Ian

(Who's thinking of cheating and buying most of the bits!)

Alan B

posted on 8/1/03 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Ian.....enjoy the show
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ijohnston99

posted on 8/1/03 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
It'll be terrible. I hear as well as cars, there are semi-naked women and a bar!

The things we do for our friends across the water!

Alan B

posted on 8/1/03 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ok then chin up...you'll get through it OK....you'll be stronger for it....etc.

You could always not look at the women and not drink......

Did I just say that aloud???

chrisg

posted on 8/1/03 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I can only promise photo's of bums and cleavage, but, admit it, that's all you really want.

Cheers

Cheers

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

ijohnston99

posted on 8/1/03 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I can only promise photo's of bums and cleavage, but, admit it, that's all you really want.

What you get up to down the building sites is your own business!

paulbeyer

posted on 8/1/03 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Chris, did you get a Digi cam and mirror stand for Christmas?

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Rorty

posted on 9/1/03 at 04:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, want loads of pics of tits, bums, clever gadgets, neat ideas, latest ingenuity, email and www addresses, in roughly that order.
Have a ball you lucky swine!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

jollygreengiant

posted on 9/1/03 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Chris, did you get a Digi cam and mirror stand for Christmas?

Nope. Some rotten b*gg*r tied him to one of those helium balloons

Hugh Paterson

posted on 10/1/03 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
The photo's on the coram site are what the car looks like except the car they have at the show is blue, had a look at their chassis build last week and its the mutts nutts. seriously thinking of buying one! Dont have the facility to post the pics sori
Shug.

interestedparty

posted on 10/1/03 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
One good thing about amateur photos of cars (not amateurish, just amateur) are that they are the only way of getting a photographic record of what a car actually looks like. Professional photographers and the people who employ them (magazines, manufacturers, ad agencies etc) are obsessed with trying to make the car look good. They do this by taking quarter views, usually from a low angle. You can go through an entire magazine and not see a single picture of a car taken from the side.

John

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Alan B

posted on 10/1/03 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Good point John.

Very few cars look totally gorgeous from every angle.....it's only natural you want to show off the best for publicity...

The show vistor, however, can be a lot more honest..

MK9R

posted on 12/1/03 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at my photos. I'm afraid there are no photos of the wonderful bits of fluff there though!
Alan B

posted on 13/1/03 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for everything so far
Hope you had a good day out...

Rorty

posted on 13/1/03 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
God I miss the UK!
From what I've seen, this Hayabusa based V8 engine/transaxle from Maxsym was the jewel in the Autosport crown.
Aparently it is just a mock-up, but what an awesome bit of kit! Rescued attachment Maxsym_V8_trans.jpg
Rescued attachment Maxsym_V8_trans.jpg

Cheers, Rorty.

donut

posted on 21/1/03 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
There was a twin bike V8 on the Radical stand which was £12000 of your earth pounds!!!! Nice bit of kit. What's next i wonder?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Rorty

posted on 22/1/03 at 05:43 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's about time we saw a resurgence in back-yard-built pulse jets! Cheap, light weight power in the true Locost tradition.

Cheers, Rorty.

philgregson

posted on 22/1/03 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ever since the earlier post that drifted off into a link to a turbocharger based jet engine I have been perusing the various home built jet engine sites on the web (pulse jets, ram jets and turbines).

It looks like a load of fun to me - They are very very noisy and spew out flames - what could be more fun? (Well lots of things really, but you get my drift).

I am definately going to have a go at accumulating all the bits for a gas turbine, leaving them half assembled around my workshop for years and then getting sidetracked into something even more interesting before throwing them away.

Phil.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.