Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Better than NASA
Tim 45

posted on 5/7/05 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Better than NASA

Google earth. Has 3D buildings, and closer images than that of NASA, including a preset Area 51

Still in beta, and limited numbers available, search google earth in google or if your lazy clicky

[Edited on 5/7/05 by Tim 45]

Hellfire

posted on 5/7/05 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Jesus - I am impressed!

NigeEss

posted on 5/7/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Wow !
ayoungman

posted on 6/7/05 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Very good. The images arn't the highest resolution available. I remember seeing some last year where I zoomed in and could see my Landrover outside my house ! A benefit of living near London !
When they mapped the country, they did London and the other cities to a greater detail depth.

"just like that !"

Mark Allanson

posted on 6/7/05 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
In 3D mode, its incredible Rescued attachment Everest.jpg
Rescued attachment Everest.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

wilkingj

posted on 6/7/05 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yup,,,, Landsat is down to 1.0metre per Pixel. This means you can see Cars but not people. Landsat is a commercially run satellite.

So if a company can run a eye in the spy (or was it Sky?)
What do the Military and gov't spy sats run at resolution wise. You can bet your bottom dollar they can nearly count the hairs on your head, assuming your are neither bald, or wearing a hat

I have played with Weather satellites for nearly 20 years ie tracking them using my aerials, and downloading the data and images. All quite legal as I am registered with the ESA and the Euro met office etc etc.

My best picture, and I didnt realise it, I thought I had a memory malfunction, was a picture taken of a pass over Chernobyl. I got a HUGE BLACK BLOB on my picture and scaling it up it was 100 miles or more in diameter. ALL BLACk was very hot (I have reverse Imagery then). I thought I had a malfunction on my hardware computer... NO software, just decoded the signals and read them straight into the memory, then read the memory between the write cycles and displayed it on the monitor.

This was Chernobyl Gone Bang... two days before it hit the papers / TV / Press.
I dont think we have ever been told the real truth about just how bad it was and how it affected us.

Anyway... getting away from the subject...

Yes they are WOW!!... and there is much better imaging stuff floating around up there!!.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 6/7/05 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I addicted to this thing now!

34°07' 55.48"N
118°19' 12.14"W

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

ethomas

posted on 6/7/05 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Try Keyhole

Keyhole contains all the data in Google Earth but it lets you fly around in a 3d rendered version in realtime.

It is the most amazing piece of software I have EVER used.

www.keyhole.com

Free trial, then $30 per year

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.