Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY
Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
DIY

Been let down by so called builders who where gonna dig out and put a concrete base down, they aint been back yet to finish drive either (thats another story) but i have the £££'s in me pocket so they either finish it or get nowt..........

But whilst the missin so called tradesmen have been away

What fun iv'e had with a hired mini digger, iv'e done it for 1/2 the price (the base) and had great fun too, even pulled a hedge up thats been bugging us since wev'e been here............. think i may go into "ground work", anyone want owt digging up ive got it for another week..........

JoelP

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
those machines are GREAT fun!!! we hired one a while ago to move a mound of soil, i dont recall having had that much fun before or since

theres a place oop north called diggerland, near newcastle guess what you do there!

Peteff

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Chase kangaroos ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
have you been by latley Pete ? do you like me new walls ?

Peteff

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Not been past for a few months, I'll get to the meeting next month though now the weather's picking up. See you there probably.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mr G

posted on 22/4/05 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Billy The Builder

You should of seen the fun I had on a 'motorised wheelbarrow' let alone what billy had on these two....

And the one that got away was this big!!

G

[Edited on 22/4/05 by Mr G]

billy

posted on 22/4/05 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
My god im looking porkie in that pic, thanks sweetie
Im not Gay Honest

[Edited on 22/4/05 by billy]

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

Peteff

posted on 22/4/05 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'd have had the chainsaw to some of that wood, stock up for next winter. I know what you mean about builders Jon, it took us over 2 years to get our roof done. They all came out and gave estimates then never turned up for the job and it was for cash in hand.

yours, Pete

Mr G

posted on 22/4/05 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I know what you mean about builders Jon, it took us over 2 years to get our roof done. They all came out and gave estimates then never turned up for the job and it was for cash in hand.

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

clbarclay

posted on 22/4/05 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
The tool you realy want to try is skid steer loaders (bobcats). I've seen them at shows, they start with a flat site and by the end of the show theres a massive hole with the skid steers raceing in and out like ants.

The other digging tool to trie is older JCB's like 3c3. If you have the balls, you can push them right on to thier side with the back actor, and then push them back upright again.

Peteff

posted on 22/4/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
A foundry I worked in had a new ingot pit dug out by a couple of JCB drivers and the first thing they asked was how much the overhead crane could lift. One then dug the pit out by manoeuvring from one end to the other while his mate cleared the spoil away and when he got to the finished depth they hung it on the crane and lifted it out. Brilliant and quick.

yours, Pete

Jon Ison

posted on 25/4/05 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
me n the cat..... Rescued attachment Cat.jpg
Rescued attachment Cat.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.