Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: End of year challenge / help needed / anybody??? - Homebase Tiles
gregs

posted on 27/12/14 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
End of year challenge / help needed / anybody??? - Homebase Tiles

Really long shot, but it's rare the LCB draws a blank, so thought i'd give it a try....

Have just (almost) finished tiling ~65m2 of floor with a tile sourced from Homebase.

Having almost finished, despite 10% extra etc, you guessed it - i'm short.

And they've discontinued.

I'm one box short (6 tiles....)

Tiles are/were: Homebase, 297mmx597mm Vision Black R63. They are a sort of slate / riven effect porcelain tile.

If anybody has any ideas, or even better a spare pack in the garage! i'd be really grateful.

Cheers,

Greg

[Edited on 27/12/14 by gregs]

[Edited on 27/12/14 by gregs]

AndyW

posted on 27/12/14 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I would e-mail their main head office. There is bound to be one store nation wide who has a box left? Worth a try?
joneh

posted on 28/12/14 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Any markings on the box? Similar thing happened to me before and I manged to find the manufacturer and source some via a different retailer.

Argos is owned by the same company although not sure if the do tiles...

gregs

posted on 28/12/14 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
I would e-mail their main head office. There is bound to be one store nation wide who has a box left? Worth a try?

Thanks - done that, awaiting response - although the pessimistic side of me expects a 'sorry were out of stock' response! - will be happy to be proved wrong though

Greg

gregs

posted on 28/12/14 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
Any markings on the box? Similar thing happened to me before and I manged to find the manufacturer and source some via a different retailer.

Argos is owned by the same company although not sure if the do tiles...

Thanks - yeah, they're made by a Malaysian tile company, have tried contacting them without luck - will try again.

Greg

loggyboy

posted on 28/12/14 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Googling the refs gives a link which matches them to these.. http://www.thebigtileco.co.uk/q-rock-black-porcelain-tile-2?gclid=CP3zw__s6MICFeLItAodHSAAcg

Mistral Motorsport

gregs

posted on 28/12/14 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Googling the refs gives a link which matches them to these.. http://www.thebigtileco.co.uk/q-rock-black-porcelain-tile-2?gclid=CP3zw__s6MICFeLItAodHSAAcg

if only similar but no cigar! - fingers crossed i get some response from numerous emails sent out today.

Greg

Daf

posted on 28/12/14 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
They sound very similar to my kitchen tiles, do you have a picture of them? I have some spares!
ste

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
worst case scenario, just pull up ones that will be under permanent features like fridges, freezers etc. and replace them with similar ones that won't be seen
gregs

posted on 29/12/14 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daf
They sound very similar to my kitchen tiles, do you have a picture of them? I have some spares!

Picture below (hopefully) not a full tile but 75% of one...

[img] Missing tiles...
Missing tiles...
[/img]

Angel Acevedo

posted on 29/12/14 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregs
quote:
Originally posted by Daf

[img] Missing tiles...
Missing tiles...
[/img]

On the same line with a twist, you may remove some from the center and replace with contrast color/texture and make it a feature.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daf

posted on 30/12/14 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregs
quote:
Originally posted by Daf

[img] Missing tiles...
Missing tiles...
[/img]

Ah sorry to get your hopes up, mine are slightly different - also from homebase and discontinued.

Good luck with the hunt

steve m

posted on 30/12/14 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
have you tried any small tile shops around your area ?

As when we moved to our current house, it had tiles in the bathroom and kitchen, yet when I did my modifications we needed more

I went to a local one man shop, who needs the business, and he found me virtually the exact tiles, and good prices,
a big concern just would not be interested in a few tiles

I would bet, that if you came round to my place you would not be able to tell the difference (I do !!)

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

gregs

posted on 9/1/15 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Guys - quick note to say thanks for your help - homebase head office were an absolute chocolate teapot emporium, but after they sent me on a wasted journey (telling there was stock but failing to do a physical check or reserve them), the local staff at Homebase Minworth provided 'above & beyond' service, phoning around all shops showing stock until we were sorted - just got to lay them now...

Thanks again,

GregS

swanny

posted on 10/1/15 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
My local homebase had an offer on tiles but not enough for what I needed.
They did as another poster suggests and checked around the uk for more boxes and found some near a family member.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.