Rescued attachment explain this one.jpg

Ben_Copeland

posted on 20/11/04 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
All pretty much equally spaced cuts too cant think what would of done that

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

phelpsa

posted on 20/11/04 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
A bread slicer!

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 20/11/04 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
At a guess, he got too close to someone else's propeller...

David

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 20/11/04 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
At a guess, he got too close to someone else's propeller...

David

Think you may be right

See my latest post.

[Edited on 21-11-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

phelpsa

posted on 20/11/04 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I still think it was a bread slicer

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 20/11/04 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Probably his own propeller as the cuts get finer towards the tail.
If it was caused by another plane the damage would be different i guess (more crimpled sheet)

JoelP

posted on 20/11/04 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
yup, i think his engine fell off...

alister667

posted on 20/11/04 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think I know this one actually.

I seem to recall it was the owner's wife, in a jealous rage, with the help of a chainsaw!

Hell hath no fury heh?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

scutter

posted on 20/11/04 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say it was some else's prop as you can see the impact mark the other aircraft made on the trailing edge of the wing.

ATB Dan.

Mark Allanson

posted on 20/11/04 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Definately hit by another twin engined plane. Look at the angle of attack of the blades at the rear and the lifting of the fuselage by the wing. You can see where the nose hit the RH engine nancelleand the slicing stopped.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

john_p_b

posted on 21/11/04 at 01:17 AM Reply With Quote
no idea

but sure wouldn't have fancied trying to land it!

posted on 21/11/04 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not an expert but if it was hit by another plane i would like to know how the other plane managed to leave the tailplane almost intact but cut it from there on towards the cockpit? The wing of the "butcher" plane would have caused at least some damage to the tailplane.
If you look at the cuts just in front of the cockpit you will see that it's a nice cut all the way down so the prop which caused this must had it's center of rotation about halfway the fusulage.
I would guess that the cuts are about 1 feet apart.If the prop of the "attacker" would revolve at say 2500 RPM than he must had a very high speed when he "passed" the victim's tail to leave the cuts 1 ft apart and with that speed the right wing of of the damaged plane wouldn't be there anymore.
On the other hand...he still have it's right side propeller in place.
But... my guess is as good as any

[Edited on 21/11/04 by Cita]

[Edited on 21/11/04 by Cita]

bob

posted on 21/11/04 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
jealous wife or a bunny boiler,LOL

scutter

posted on 21/11/04 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
The aircraft that did this damage was only at idle speed, the prop would have only been doing 1000rpm.

The real story behind the picture is that a pilot was hand-cranking his Piper without the park brake on, when the engine fired without anyone sitting in the cockpit to operate the brakes the plane went on a destructive rampage around the hangar, taking out four University of South Australia planes including slicing up the fuselage of the Piper Seminole in this picture.

ATB Dan.

posted on 21/11/04 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Aaaaah!!!
Thanks for the info.It shows that i was completely.... WRONG

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/11/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Google in the planes registration number and this comes up http://users.senet.com.au/~colton/Interesting_Stories.html

A doctor surgeon from Whyalla found his battery dead in his Piper Saratoga ( a powerful single engine aircraft) at Parafield Airport on the night of August 26th 2001.

The interesting true story of another whyalla aircarft incident.( At Parafield Airport South Australia)

A planned night flight from Parafield to Whyalla and the discovery of a flat battery should have been enough to go and find something else to do for the night. Night flights with any electrical problems should be avoided at all costs.

He then proceeded to hand start the engine by turning the prop. While this is actually not illegal it should be approached with the utmost of caution and is really only used in remote areas where there is no help or decent Pub within a long walk.

The pilot, by himself, did not chock the wheels or check the handbrake was engaged and one must wonder what he had had to drink prior.

Anyway the engine fires up at about 2000 rpm and the aircraft starts taxying to the runway on its own.

The only problem with that was there were 4 piper warriors and a twin engine Seminole ( the sliced plane in picture ) in its way. The pilot somehow managed to avoid certain death although this may have been the better option considering what was about to unfold.

At a steady rate of forward movement similar to a fairly upset Hippo during breeding season the Saratoga proceeds to destroy anything in its path.

With approx 350 litres of avgas spewing out of the damaged aircraft the pilot must surely realise that an appropriate timely death is about to occur saving a life a "please explain" and oh yea your the guy who destroyed those planes ////.

The result is he lived, and the University of Adelaide lost one plane and the use of the other 4 ( Just freshly Painted ) for some time to come all because of a flat battery and a really bad decision. The cost $1.5 million and absolute embarressment for the rest of the pilots life.

You can just imagine the pilot , after being run over by his own plane, hanging on to the tail of his aircraft trying to stop it going any further and watching in horror as it bit by bit shreds the tail of the most expensive aircraft in the vicinity and thinking any minute the engine will stop. Just when he thinks the nightmare is going to come to an end his aircraft then makes a sharp right hand turn and without conscience heads to the second most expensive aircraft in its way. Following the laws of Karma this guy must have done some serious poo somewhere along the line.

08-12-2002

The said doctor is going through the courts at present in Adelaide and the court case is hinging around the fact that he said the handbrake was engaged at the time of the accident.

Apparantly the seminole has five settings on the handbrake and a LAME qualifies that he checked the handbrake after the accident and it was operational

Personally I think he should be locked up for attempting to start an aircraft with intent to fly at night with a flat battery over water.

We'll see what the outcome is.

rusty nuts

posted on 21/11/04 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Had a mate that once walked into a rotating prop and survived , fortunatly for him he walked into the back of the prop, just had small cuts on his head and shoulder, luckily he didn't damage the plane!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.