Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mr Ison does a little landscape gardening at the Donnington Show !!!
givemethebighammer

posted on 4/9/04 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Ison does a little landscape gardening at the Donnington Show !!!

Mr Ison decided to inspect the one of the gravel traps at Donnington more closely today. Trouble is he brought most of it back with him !!!
Maybe he had plans for the GT ? water feature maybe ?

thanks for the ride Jon, I was grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the day. Rescued attachment gravel3.jpg
Rescued attachment gravel3.jpg

givemethebighammer

posted on 4/9/04 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
and another Rescued attachment gravel2.jpg
Rescued attachment gravel2.jpg

givemethebighammer

posted on 4/9/04 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
and another Rescued attachment gravel1.jpg
Rescued attachment gravel1.jpg

Peteff

posted on 4/9/04 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Has Ikey knocked 4 seconds a lap off Jon?

You were around 1min 33 when I was watching, not with a stopwatch, just checking with wristwatch.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
The car is handling 100% better, got a fueling prob at top end but thats easy sorted and we was free-wheeling down the pit straight due to noise, they even failed Martins GT2 wich had a bog standard 1800 audi with proper exhaust...........
Once we got over the trip into the kitty litter never missed a beat all day, had to drop pressures 5psi due to heat build up, was picking 3-4 psi on a 3 lap run, boy was'nt it hot,

did anyone see the next to last passenger i took out??? if you did you will remember....

picture this, mini skirt like a belt, stepping into the car over 18" side pod around 2'6" high, boy it was cruel.

Speed ? Alistair was there with his Busa Fury, same class as me, he was pulling around a second a lap out of me, he too was strolling down the pit straight though due to noise.

all in, drove it there, ran all day, drove it home, think its reliable to go racing.

Peteff

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I watched her getting back out.

Martin was making a fuss about helping her I noticed. Blonde with nice attributes. The blue and orange thing was pretty fast as well, was it a Caterum. I saw the red Fury nearly have a coming together with a yellow seven type and doing several pirouettes just after Craner.

[Edited on 4/9/04 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
imagine what it was like from my end
they where clean though......

Peteff

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
She had a wide grin as well.

yours, Pete

Jon Ison

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
the was a blue Caterham that was flying, don't know what was under bonnet, dint see the ultima at all, apart from that we where getting past most things, it was a shambles actually in the morning, the noise test was carried out in the pits inbetween the garages and pit wall, no one, and i mean no one was getting thru, eventually they re-calibrated and people where getting passed, my 1st reading was 102dba 2nd one 95dba with just a bit of duct tape covering hole in bodywork to kill some induction noise.

It seems had the organisers dug a little deeper all would have been ok, but they paid for a "quiet" day rather than a "normal" track day noise limit. Even road cars where failing not the ones with drainpipes sticking out back but your everyday normal road car.

Avoneer

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
And John nearly rolled over me on the motorway on the way home, and then had to undertake a stupid 70mph biker in the fast lane - all in the blink of an eye!
Pat....

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
whoops..........

Avoneer

posted on 4/9/04 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
No problem john. We tried to keep up for at least a second (me and a black Avon) but just saw you disapearing in the distance!!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shortie

posted on 4/9/04 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
How did you find your first trackday Avoneer??
Hellfire

posted on 4/9/04 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
There we two Caterhams a full light blue one and a blue one with orange outlined nosecone.

The full blue was lapping 1'20" regularly, the orange outline was 1'24"s. That full blue was so quick!!! Nothing, and I mean nothing was coming close.... awesome to watch... in fact I have a clip of it. Maybe I'll upload it later!

PS Jamie Brayshaw was lapping the red rocket at 1'33"s lots quiter with the Westy exhaust (?) but was it sapping power?

[Edited on 4-9-04 by Hellfire]

DEAN C.

posted on 4/9/04 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Oops! I told Jon someone had taken a photo of us shovelling the gravel trap out of the car he was hoping nobody had taken a photo,he blamed me for the spin anyway,something about me being jinxed!!!!
It's just coincidence that I was passengering Andy Robey when Martins GTR blew on its third lap as well

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

Avoneer

posted on 4/9/04 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't take my car on the track.
That nice Caterham had a Rover K series and didn't look anything special under the bonnet.....Bloody nice car though...

shortie

posted on 5/9/04 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
That'll be the R500 then!!! very,very quick, even the R300 is rapid and they are both well sorted race cars. Wanted one after the Elise but 35k for the R500 and about 25k for the R300.

Rich.

subk2002

posted on 5/9/04 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I heard the MNR car was doing some fast times
bob

posted on 5/9/04 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Bird with the belt like skirt

did anyone see how she paid ?

matt_claydon

posted on 5/9/04 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Bob, that was the bird I was telling you about. She and her friend each paid with ten quid and a VIP pass to Spearmint Rhino!!!
white130d

posted on 5/9/04 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Lemme git this right

You had a blackbeltskirted bird stepping over the bodywork to get in your car.....AND NOBODY TOOK A PICTURE???

David.

"There's only 2 things that money can't buy, and that's true love and home grown tomatos" Guy Clark

Peteff

posted on 5/9/04 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about spearmint rhino

I reckon Jon saw the chocolate starfish .

yours, Pete

Northy

posted on 6/9/04 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I reckon Jon saw the chocolate starfish .

Was it twitching when she got out?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.