Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looks like trouble on Atom Forum
nitram38

posted on 25/11/07 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
All of the pics over there are from my archive. I just post them there to p*ss them off!

Description
Description

[Edited on 25/11/2007 by nitram38]

COREdevelopments

posted on 25/11/07 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
looks bloody great. i would love to build one!

MikeRJ

posted on 25/11/07 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear, like the worst kind of C******m owners, only worse again. These people must be desperately insecure and so far up themselves they are going to disappear up their own backsides sooner or later.

The mention of "free speech" by Mr Fielding made me laugh though, he clearly doesn't have the first clue what it means.

#Rotor

posted on 25/11/07 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Some idiot is ranting on how my "copy" is copyright infringement and that I should be sued!
What an arse

Read Here

as someone there said, it's ok to take an Atom and modify it, you obviously took an Atom and just modified everything behind the front nose covers, including the frame and engine.... from first principles, as stated by "yours truly" this is ok.... you did not copy anything, you just modified it all, to your own liking....

I on the other hand had nothing to modify or copy, for that matter.... it's all from scratch.... yes I'm also using "round wheels" and coil-overs with springs that is made by H&R... damn I Have disk brakes on the front wheels... oh crap.... now that is going to screw me over in court....

besides, we did some extensive investigation into the legal side of things, before we started this..... they will have to prove that you actually had information and designs of their car... like the kind of stuff that happened between Mclaren and Ferrari. or that you took a real Atom and reverse-engineered it...

sue someone for making a ladder from scratch, that kind of resembles a ladder, ain't going to get you horse-menure in court.... in fact the judge might very well be offended by such an case...

well, I'm off to go fit some fender-posts... no time for this mumbo-jumbo..

[Edited on 25/11/07 by #Rotor]

nitram38

posted on 25/11/07 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I really think that this is something that would attract a copyright action!
MikeRJ

posted on 25/11/07 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
I really think that this is something that would attract a copyright action!

Well, at the very least the DVLA might raise an eyebrow as it's incorrectly registered, and quite likely the V5 belongs to a written off Caterham.

blueshift

posted on 25/11/07 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
"last 3 owners"...

avoid avoid (imho)

D Beddows

posted on 25/11/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Apart from it not being a Caterham, unless I'm very much mistaken thats not actually a Locost either.... it's a Locust
t.j.

posted on 25/11/07 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
BTW:Those upper wishbones of this seventhing are standing at a weird angle

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

MikeRJ

posted on 25/11/07 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
Apart from it not being a Caterham, unless I'm very much mistaken thats not actually a Locost either.... it's a Locust

You are correct, ladder chassis can bee seen in engine bay, and the placement of the rear wings against the bodywork is always a little distinctive.

Have your very own chipboard Caterham

D Beddows

posted on 26/11/07 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Interestingly (ok, maybe not THAT interestingly ) that car is advertised in the classifieds in the back of this months Kit Car magazine - but as a Locust and for £350 less than the buy it now price, no mention of Caterham either........
martyn_16v

posted on 26/11/07 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
Would Ariel motor co be able to successfully sue an internet forum for publishing this kind of stuff?

Doesn't really matter, most owners clubs won't have the finances to even speak to a lawyer to see if they have a leg to stand on. If you can't even begin to defend your position (not that the club is likely to want to anyway) you don't have much choice but to back down.

#Rotor

posted on 26/11/07 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
amazing how, as soon as one starts to ask for specifics, or start to talk about mechanical stuff, they switch over to insults.... I'm still none the wiser as to what it is about that car that one will get your ass in court for....
nitram38

posted on 27/11/07 at 03:52 AM Reply With Quote
They should have called the car the Ariel "Venom" !
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.