Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where has calvinx mark my mate gone?
joneh

posted on 23/9/07 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
I like the advertising idea though.

"Here's one we didn't prepare earlier."

I can imagine the next TV advert for Audi. It featues an old Skoda. "Here is a sample of the type of terrible work out there, and a type we WONT be supplying."

Arf. Could work for a lot of things...

Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/9/07 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
I like the advertising idea though.

"Here's one we didn't prepare earlier."

I can imagine the next TV advert for Audi. It featues an old Skoda. "Here is a sample of the type of terrible work out there, and a type we WONT be supplying."

Arf. Could work for a lot of things...

You could suggest it to the politicians maybe???? Oh hang on - isnt that what all the politicians do already?? CalvinX for Prime Minister???

Macbeast

posted on 23/9/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Mark may, as he says, have obtained permission to take the photograph, but did Raz sign a release authorising use of the resulting picture for commercial use ?

I've stayed out of arguments about Mark in the past, on the assumption that there are two sides to every story, and given him the benefit of the doubt; but if it is true that he asked Raz's permission to take that picture without telling him that it would be used as knocking copy then it was a despicable action to do so.

At least Raz is happy to let the supremely high quality of his work speak for itself and doesn't feel the need to tart his car up with spurious "No Fear" "Suzuki" and "Castrol" logos. (Cheap shot I know - sorry )

joneh

posted on 23/9/07 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
Is this thread about cars?

No - that's why it's in 'Anything else'.

Doh!

Dale Jarret

posted on 23/9/07 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Macbeast..you are correct!

Giving someone permission to take a photograph of your car is quite different to giving permission to take and use that photograph for commercial purposes and gain.. in fact it is downright illegal.

Dale

Hellfire

posted on 23/9/07 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Therefore the reason to screen dump the offending image was imperative. It's now been edited to in fact make the advert a little less offensive... in a professional world the one thing you don't do is openly slag off your competition (which is none existant)

Who else offers superior UK services from Cyprus? IMO services such as this should only be offered by people in the UK for people here in the UK. Afterall, any idiot taking up on this offer would have little recourse should the paint job not be upto standard. This authorised Trader has a history whereby if anything goes wrong, all traces of history are deleted, kind of suggests what would happen... if I may say, a little reminiscent to a certain unauthorised trader on here which the authorised trader wholly supported until of late.

Steve

[Edited on 23-9-07 by Hellfire]

Confused but excited.

posted on 24/9/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
OOO Smokin' !

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Quality paint jobs will be on offer soon, Below is a sample of the type of terrible work out there, and a type we WONT be supplying.

u2u for more details

(EDIT)

To clear up any confusion the photograph below was taken by myself, only after obtaining permission to take photographs of the vehicle in question from the owner.

Therefore copywrite of the photograph belongs to myself and any unauthorized reproduction of the image without my express permission is prohibited.

Edited to remove photo. Flaming of any kind, be it written or pictorial, is not allowed, whether you took the photo or not. --ChrisW

NICE ONE CHRIS !

[Edited on 24/9/07 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

andyps

posted on 26/9/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Two things, and I know they have laready been said, but if he is in Cyprus wouldn't it be better to target a more local clientele? Also, why negative advertising. To use the political analogy, hardly anyone votes anymore partly because the parties only tell us that they won't do what they tell us others might do, without saying what they will do themselves. Successful businesses advertise their own abilities, because they can. If you can't show what you can do, why would anyone believe you can do it. Not only that, by saying you are better than others you are ready for a big fall. Unless you can entirely blame a sub-contractor of course

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.