Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cat crap
DavidM

posted on 14/6/05 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Find out where the cat lives. Crap in their garden on a regular basis. Leave them a note to tell them why.

Won't stop the problem, but revenge is sweet.

David

Proportion is Everything

andkilde

posted on 15/6/05 at 03:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hey all...

No need to get knickers in a twist over this -- I'm a reluctant cat owner myself and I took the shooting and drowning comments as the jokes they were meant to be .

That being said -- cats should be kept indoors, whether a cat comes to an unhappy end at the hands of an homicidal gardener or under the wheels of a bus the owner need only find a mirror to figure out who could have prevented the death.

Cheers, Ted

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 15/6/05 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Ok I hate cats and their shit. Ihave to clean upafter my dog so why don''t cat lovers/owners do the same.
If you disolve 2 paracetomol in a saucer of milk i beleive it does a proper job and not on your doorstep either. It may seem a bit cruel to some of you but try cleeaning a kids hands after a cats been in the sand pit and see if your sympathetic then.
I heard a story about a gardener who once caught one in a lobster creel and kept it there for a week and every time he went by it he poured a bucket of water over it. He says it worked a treat and never saw it again.

Likewise!!

and what you believe is quite correct!!

Fred W B

posted on 15/6/05 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

If you disolve 2 paracetomol in a saucer of milk i beleive it does a proper job and not on your doorstep either.

unquote

Are you saying this will kill a cat? - I'm not impressed with this thread either.

Who was it said that you must judge a man by how he treats animals?

Fred WB

ChrisGamlin

posted on 15/6/05 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Ditto, FFS people however much you hate animals, even if you don't ever intend on taking action with the cruel methods you describe, this is a public forum and some f*cked up idiot could easily read it and take action.
Never mind having to wipe poo off kids hands, try consoling a child who's cat has just come in and died on the kitchen floor in agony because some heartless twat has poisoned / shot it

[Edited on 15/6/05 by ChrisGamlin]

NS Dev

posted on 15/6/05 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
I quite agree, and was not advocating harm to animals.

However, equally, cat (and for that matter, dog) owners should take responsibility for "their" animals, as a number of extremely nasty parasites are spread by these animals excreta.

"never mind wiping the poo off your childs hands", well if my child went blind because of a parasite ingested from a "pet" cat then I would consider myself quite within my rights to exterminate the "vermin" that had caused the problem.

In an arse about face kind of way, we are very hippocritical, on the one hand considering it within out duty to call the council to come out and lay rat poison to kill rats, but on the other hand considering doing the same to a pest cat horrific.

However, I am still not advocating harm to animals.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 15/6/05 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Yep fair play I know it does have nasty parasites in it and it is a potentially serious incident if kids do get it on their hands, but I was just trying to put across really that there's always two sides to each story and that there are perfectly reasonable ways of keeping the cats at bay without resorting to trying to kill them.

As you might have guessed, me and my missus have a couple of cats but I do appreciate that some people don't like them or have problems with them. As it is, they hardly leave the garden and we provide plenty of freshly dug soil around the garden where they seem to habitually do their business in, but If I thought they were causing problems for our neighbours, Id be perfectly happy for them to be drenched by a Super Soaker, Id even lend the neighbour mine if it helped, or offer to buy them some repellent.

Volvorsport

posted on 15/6/05 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
one of my friends at school used to catch them with a cage which he propped up with a brick , then tied some rope , put some cat food under , and watched from the kitchen , once said cat was caught , a bucket of ice cold water did the trick , you dont really see them again .

i used to have a cat , so i wouldnt deliberately harm one , but , if its crapping in front of your door alley way , sometimes you have to do something .

another trick was curry powder , they dont like that either , never heard of the citrus one tho .

If you think thats bad , in rhodes where my old man is now starting to live - a woman round corner hangs fish heads out laced with arsenic !!

Usually tho , the cat problem gets wiped out in summer due to the tourists running em over , watched a nice fluffy kitten do a few somersaults , wasnt pleasant

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

andkilde

posted on 15/6/05 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred W B

Are you saying this will kill a cat? - I'm not impressed with this thread either.

Who was it said that you must judge a man by how he treats animals?

Fred WB

I'll repeat this as it appears no-one noticed...

Pet cats belong indoors, full stop.

Indoors they can't crap in the neighbour's garden, kill countless birds for "sport" or get themselves squashed by cars. In addition they're less likely to pick up fleas or disease and studies have shown that kept indoors exclusively they live an average of twice as long -- good for everyone, ask your vet FFS.

I'm not advocating poisoning, shooting, stabbing or otherwise maiming animals, BUT if they're inside where they BELONG the world could be filled with poisoned saucers of milk, drowning traps and knife wielding gardeners and the RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS' animals would be fine.

Erm, was there a car building discussion board somewhere nearby? I seem to have misplaced it .

Cheers, Ted

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 15/6/05 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
At this point I will come in and say that I do have a cat crap problem in my garden!!

I certainly will NOT be maiming or killing them!!

I will try the citronella oil approach though.

I have used the various powders which are fine in summer but when it rains they wash away, so not too handy given our weather!

Donners90

posted on 15/6/05 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Wont that look strange donners? Loads of tea lights burning in your garden for nothing?

I wasn't intending to light them. The back on my place gets the sun from about 10am through until 7pm (when it's sunny), so I was hoping the wax would warm up and give off the scent! Put them out last night and so far they've worked I'll give it a few days before I claim total success, but as you can see from the pic they don't look too out of place. (thought I'd put a few down just in case )

Thanks for your ideas (especially the ones that don't involve harming the creatures ), and I'll let you know if this works

Cheers

James Rescued attachment DSCN2117.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN2117.JPG

MikeR

posted on 15/6/05 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
folks as a serious point, the paracetamol is a very nasty way to get rid of the "problem". Honestly its not worth it and also ilegal.

Try the other ways .........

Nat, if you need someone to come round with a water pistol just say the word

omega 24 v6

posted on 16/6/05 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry if anyone was upset about the sugestion but i was only answering the post. I have never harmed a cat or any other household animal and would advise anyone to find a REASONABLE way of dealing with this problem. On the citrus front our dog was continually scratching one of our doors and we tried this stuff. It did stop him scratching but only because he started eating the door instead. He took out the three glass panels at the bottom in only 15 minutes
Here's something a bit more lighthearted on the cat front.

Bathing the Cat

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,
The Dog

David Jenkins

posted on 16/6/05 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
James,

Your garden looks very "Zen buddhist"

Omega...
...you're just fanning the flames now!

David

[Edited on 16/6/05 by David Jenkins]

ned

posted on 16/6/05 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
the way myself and a friend stopped cats doing stuff in our gardens was to remove the gravel and woodchippings we both had, end of problem!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Donners90

posted on 16/6/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
James,

Your garden looks very "Zen buddhist"

[Edited on 16/6/05 by David Jenkins]

In fact just out of sight is a little fat bloke hovering cross legged about 6inches of the deck Maybe that's what's keeping the cats off

Benzine

posted on 16/6/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
A Jack Russell terrier is good...

David

My cat has chased off 2 Jack Russells in the past and a couple of bigger dogs, she has a perfect record so far.

And she buries all her s**t herself

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.