Board logo

Doodling on the CAD at work
Mansfield - 20/6/08 at 09:00 PM

Ashamed to say I was bored today, I am weeks ahead of our fabricators and nobody was around, so I started doodling.

Seems I have produced a sort of sandrail type thing. I dont know if it is front or rear engined, but it was loosely based on a wider than locost chassis width (1400ish- I have a big arse) , +100mm wheelbase and a bit extra track.

Obviously there is loads missing, and the back needs a bit of work, but the basic shape looks reasonable to me. If you look closely you will see why it didnt take long.

Just thought I would post it, I might take it a bit further as there are only a few bent tubes and it looks quite makeable.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

P.S. Sorry Boss but I was really bored.

[Edited on 20/6/08 by Mansfield]

[Edited on 20/6/08 by Mansfield]

iscmatt - 20/6/08 at 10:58 PM

You could put a pinto in the back, backwards! and then have front wheel drive?!?!?!

LBMEFM - 21/6/08 at 06:39 AM

Hmm..would that not mean 5 reverse gears and 1 forward and what front axle and steering would you use?.

Mansfield - 21/6/08 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Can't really see a space for the engine and transmission other than behind the rear axle line.

What did you have in mind ?

I didnt have anything in mind, I just started drawing. I think you are right about the engine space, I laid it on a locost chassis model and the cabin would need to move forward a bit or back a bit to get a driver and an engine in.

I am off to Newark now though so that will have to wait, Miss Newark is calling.

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 21/6/08 by Mansfield]