Board logo

A warning about ADR engineering
nitram38 - 5/1/08 at 10:28 AM

I posted this before about ADR. They look like a quality outfit on the surface but they are just as bad as people would expect from the "old" kitcar industry image.
On Nov 6th I ordered and paid for an 8ft gearshift cable with 6mm threads either end for my trickshifter and paddleshift.
After 6 weeks of hassling them, I got the cable except it was only 7ft long. A foot short!
I posted it back and was promised a replacement by Fri 21st December and a postage refund.
3rd of Jan, no postage refund (paypal) or cable so I email again.
On 4th I get an e-cheque email for the postage refund which will take 7-9 working days to clear.
Today I recieved the cable (post date 4th Jan) which although 8ft, it has a flat end with a drilled hole (which will flex and break after a while), but worse than that, the cable is a smaller dia/spec with a 4-5mm thread.
This means that it will not fit the trickshifter.
Just a warning about ADR as they buy these cables from a third party and somewhere there is a communications problem.
Not bad, 2 months and 2 incorrect cables.

Here is the rubbish flat end:
crap gearchange cable
crap gearchange cable

[Edited on 5/1/2008 by nitram38]

[Edited on 5/1/2008 by nitram38]

donut - 5/1/08 at 10:43 AM

That must be so frustrating. Is there anyone else who can do the cable?

nitram38 - 5/1/08 at 10:47 AM

I am after someone to make me a cable.
It can't be that hard to get right, 8ft long end to end with a 6mm thread each end.

Gezza - 5/1/08 at 10:55 AM

Hi, what about morse teleflex cables, as used in the marine industry for push pull controls, available from marine chandlers in various lengths, i am pretty sure they have 6mm thread ends, just a thought.
gerry

GaryM - 5/1/08 at 10:56 AM

Huey (Spot on control cables) is your man, 0118 9737973.

SeaBass - 5/1/08 at 11:09 AM

Maybe if your going to the Autosport show you could take it along and "have a chat" with them. I would have thought the head honchos would be in attendance. They seemed totally uninterested in speaking to me two years ago... A chap in his twenties with little disposable income so they thought. When my father strolled over and asked a few questions they couldn't have been more chatty. As mentioned before I think their main priority is selling their own cars.

bonzoronnie - 5/1/08 at 11:17 AM

Indeed the Teleflx Morse cable has a m6 thread at each end

Ideal for push/pull apps. High quality & long lasting.

Mind you, not so good for very tight bends. Straight run or gentle arc, fine

Ronnie

Avoneer - 5/1/08 at 11:30 AM

Sorry, but that pic looks rude.

Pat ;-)

wicket - 5/1/08 at 12:49 PM

Recommend Tuthill Controls, made a good job of my handbrake cable.

Tuthill Controls Limited
Diplocks Way
Hailsham
East Sussex,
trade counter tel 01323 422522

nitram38 - 10/1/08 at 11:30 AM

Finally got the cable today and it is exactly as I ordered!
I have recieved an email apology too.
Not bad, 2 months, 4 days and 3 cables!