Board logo

Monkey forest ?
Jon Ison - 26/5/07 at 05:03 PM

Anyone been here ?

Good day out ?

tegwin - 26/5/07 at 05:20 PM

Havnt been...but do you recon they let you spank the monkey whilst you are there?

With all those little children running about some people might like that sort of thing

[Edited on 26/5/07 by tegwin]

L5W - 26/5/07 at 06:43 PM

I've been up to monkey forest and really enjoyed it although after a couple of hours I was ready to leave. There is more stuff to see at Trentham Gardens though. Lots of arts n crafts shops which isnt really my thing and some rope slides if you fancy some controlled falling out of trees. more info here http://www.trenthamleisure.co.uk/

Alton towers is just round the corner too

MikeR - 26/5/07 at 07:17 PM

Took the ex and had a fabulous time - although her first degree was in anthapology so despite them being old world monkeys she was in her element. I therefore got lots of brownie points and had a reallly good time with her. We managed to go on a really warm autumn day, very few other people so lots of time for us.

She went back later on with some of our friends. It was rather busy and they where not as impressed - the little kids soon got bored.

Having said that, its not bad value for a couple of hours (you can't play with the monkeys but they are free to wander round the area and people in yellow coats explain things to you). There is also the arty / crafty bit a mile or two away & you can walk through the gardens between the monkey place and the shoppy place.

locogeoff - 26/5/07 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Havnt been...but do you recon they let you spank the monkey whilst you are there?

With all those little children running about some people might like that sort of thing

[Edited on 26/5/07 by tegwin]

Is that bloke for real!

blakep82 - 26/5/07 at 10:32 PM

never heard of this place, til i drove oast it today whilst picking up my bodywork for the truck.

i wanted to go, i like cheeky monkeys

Peteff - 26/5/07 at 11:08 PM

Who, Tegwin? I didn't really follow his link between monkey forest, little children and freak body building pictures. I think it looks like a bad case of trapped wind though.

andyharding - 27/5/07 at 11:05 AM

Just round the corner from me. Went last winter in the snow and got some great photos. Worth a look but nothing too exciting.

Mmmm L series...

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 27/5/07 by andyharding]

[Edited on 27/5/07 by andyharding]