Board logo

Drainage work
locoboy - 16/5/07 at 07:36 PM

I need to do the following and would like advice on what items to buy.

I have my own ideas but would like others opinions.

I need to -

Terminate pipe A (Bath water/ sink water/ washing machine) Toward the bottom of the picture and join it into pipe B (Foul Waste)

Place a rainwater gully at point C which will also flow into pipe B (Or more easily join my gully into the new pipe that will run from A to B

Pipe A is above pipe B when viewed from the side.

drain 1
drain 1

[Edited on 16/5/07 by locoboy]

PeterW - 16/5/07 at 07:42 PM

If its all vitreous clay pipe, then its 3 Hepsleeve couplings, an 87deg bend, 87deg tee, and a length of uPVC pipe.

This assume the normal rule that you can't connect a storm water gulley into a foul drain (which is usually the case) and it would need to go to a soakaway or storm drain.

If you are allowed, I'd stick a mini inspection chamber in the bottom pipe, then branch everything into that

Cheers

Pete

locoboy - 16/5/07 at 07:46 PM

A mini inspection chamber?

The hole is about 5 feet deep, wouldnt a mini inspection chamber just be covered over with soil and become a mini chamber with no chance to do any inspecting via it lol?

EDIT
I have no seperate storm drain connection neither does my section of highway, i have had extensive ultrasound tracking and video inspection of the local drainage done and all i can do is hoof the domestic waste water into the main sewer connection.

what exactly is a hepsleeve coupling?

and how do you suggest i block off drain A?

[Edited on 16/5/07 by locoboy]

joneh - 16/5/07 at 08:08 PM

You aren't allowed to run surface water into a waste pipe legaly. You need a soak away. Although I won't tell if you don't.

Edit - I really should read other peoples answers before posting.....

[Edited on 16/5/07 by joneh]