Board logo

Snake in the grass
Ivan - 23/3/07 at 11:06 AM

Theres a huge Puffadder moving through our garden

Twoo weeks ago it was a 1.5 meter long Cape Cobra - no not the V8 type.

No gardening for the next few days then.

Mr Whippy - 23/3/07 at 11:11 AM

Are you going to go out and bug it? Tease it with the hovers tube making hissing noises down tube from the far end

do you have a radio controlled car?!! I wish we had snakes what fun, only ever seen them in the zoo

[Edited on 23/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

Ivan - 23/3/07 at 11:21 AM

If you wanted to you could tease a puffadder because they are real slow moving but if they bite you it's really eina and parts of you rot off

I enjoy seeing them too much to interfere with them. The only ones not happy to see them are the rats

Cobra's move too fast to go near - both the car and the snake.

cadebytiger - 23/3/07 at 11:34 AM

got any pics?

Mr Whippy - 23/3/07 at 11:38 AM

Ha not even slightly scary over here we have the dreaded beast of Caerbannog (see pic below of one after it's had a meal) and the vicious haggis which even the taste of it can kill!! Rescued attachment 300px-Killer_rabbit.jpg
Rescued attachment 300px-Killer_rabbit.jpg

vinny1275 - 23/3/07 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Ha not even slightly scary over here we have the dreaded beast of Caerbannog (see pic below of one after it's had a meal) and the vicious haggis which even the taste of it can kill!!

"Bring forth thy Holy hand grenade of antioch, and lob towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my site, shall snuff it. Amen"

chockymonster - 23/3/07 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
"Bring forth thy Holy hand grenade of antioch, and lob towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my site, shall snuff it. Amen"

[pedantalert]
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
[/pedantalert]

Mr Whippy - 23/3/07 at 12:12 PM

I amazes me just how many people who have never even seen it. I have all the films in audio format on my I-pod. Life of Brian is without any doubt the best.

wilkingj - 23/3/07 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
Cobra's move too fast to go near - both the car and the snake.

But not as fast as the load from both barrels of a Shotgun

Its nice that you get a protein source to visit your garden. Fresh Food straight from outside your door. Mmmm

blueshift - 23/3/07 at 01:18 PM

Heresy. Holy Grail is the best.

iank - 23/3/07 at 01:30 PM

I'm rather fond of the Meaning of Life myself.

Mr Whippy - 23/3/07 at 01:41 PM

yeah, but that's just cause of those women running topless

and in sloooow motion

Phil.J - 23/3/07 at 02:48 PM

Not the same thing I know, but I drove over a grass snake at Prescott hill climb last year!

iank - 23/3/07 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
yeah, but that's just cause of those women running topless

and in sloooow motion

It was 'The salmon mousse'

[Edited on 23/3/07 by iank]

Mr Whippy - 23/3/07 at 03:27 PM

Humbug - 23/3/07 at 04:30 PM

Slightly O/T, but I went to see Spamalot a couple of weeks ago. Definitely recommended if you are a Holy Grail fan. They had the Trojan Rabbit scene, and I especially liked the French taunting.

In fact, the only slight negative was the fact that to get it reasonably "locost" we wre in the gods at the top - seemed like abotu 100ft down!