Board logo

Wooden building experts ?
Jon Ison - 2/3/07 at 10:31 PM

Anyone out there into wooden out buildings, something like in the pic below, insurance have paid out for stable roof but maybe looking too replace the whole building with something like this.

If anyone works in this line of business and fancies the job get in touch.

The one in the pic is 24' x 12' two stables £1800 on ebay. Rescued attachment stable block.jpg
Rescued attachment stable block.jpg

Confused but excited. - 2/3/07 at 11:20 PM

£1800! Looks a bit of a shed to me.

SixedUp - 2/3/07 at 11:31 PM

I know every horsepower counts, but honestly, isn't this taking it a little too far?!
Cheers
Richard

scottc - 3/3/07 at 01:13 AM

Jon, you not thought about doing it yourself?

Taz Surfleet - 3/3/07 at 01:41 AM

Jon if those r shiplap timbers just nailed onto a timber frame 1800 is a lot. however if its a logwall construction its about right.

Peteff - 3/3/07 at 09:20 AM

That's the Yorkshire warcry. You had to be there to hear the old woman who said it when she heard the price of a piece of cheese on the market, it was priceless. Get some T&G and some 3"x2" ordered from Allen and Orr Jon.

Jon Ison - 3/3/07 at 10:11 AM

Its time and the job looking a "properjob" that's holds me back from doing it myself, these are the cheapest too date I have found, they are lined inside not sure of construction, will ask.

RazMan - 3/3/07 at 11:07 AM

Maybe not quite the type of builder you had in mind but very topical

MikeRJ - 3/3/07 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
The one in the pic is 24' x 12' two stables £1800 on ebay.

My dads boss has recently built the exact same stables for his lass, through it's three sections rather than two. He was relatively happy with it, but said he needed to add a bit of bracing as the standard design wasn't overly rigid, especially the overhanging roof at the front.

BenB - 3/3/07 at 01:07 PM

I guess it's horses for courses