Board logo

Urgent engineering photographer required for major factory photo session
NS Dev - 7/12/06 at 10:13 AM

Right,

we have a project at work requiring 4-500 photos taken in various locations around our plant.

somebody with engineering background that has 1 day spare in the next week, and is a good photographer, that can be in the Coalville area with own transport.

Equipment can be provided, fuel costs will be covered, but we have no decent photographers on site.

The plant is a rubber extrusion plant in the tier 1 automotive sector.

U2U me if you can help.

Our personnell dept are calling local uni and colleges at the moment.

thunderace - 7/12/06 at 10:18 AM

400-to 500 pics in one day it takes me around 10-20 mins just to get set up here is some of my work Rescued attachment lucy1.JPG
Rescued attachment lucy1.JPG

thunderace - 7/12/06 at 10:20 AM

this one wone me £500 Rescued attachment Shack.jpg
Rescued attachment Shack.jpg

mookaloid - 7/12/06 at 10:21 AM

mk blade (Tony Sissons) who posts on here is a photographer.

http://www.fullframephoto.co.uk

Why not give him a call?

Cheers

Mark

DarrenW - 7/12/06 at 10:37 AM

Guinness - can you remember Georges surname who has just joined ne7ers? He does a lot of high quality Architectural photography. Also well into his Historic Motorsport.

Just remembered it - George Swift. iirc he lives in Cramlington but travels.

jos - 7/12/06 at 10:44 AM

you might like to try richi jenkin

DOnt know whether he's available weekdays (work commitments) or whether its something hes involved with but give him a try anyway

NS Dev - 7/12/06 at 11:37 AM

Hasten to add, these need not be show standard photos, the plan is large volume, which will then be looked though "en mass" by the team to pick certain areas and shots/angles, which will then be redone for the final material.

If we do them in house though, a) we don't have anybody with a day spare, and b) if I try and do them they will not even give an impression of what the final shots might look like.

Our HR dept has contacted loughborough uni, stephenson college and various other local places, but thought I would enquire on here too.

No major cash in it, but costs plus some cash and for anybody that has not been around a busy major automotive supplier (Toyota and Nissan UK), a good opportinity to be in the thick of it for a day.......thinking along the lines of engineering students.

MikeR - 7/12/06 at 12:05 PM

does it have to be during the working day?

Just thinking that you get photography courses, get them in for an evening / saturday.

Macbeast - 7/12/06 at 05:05 PM

I wouldn't employ anyone who's so thoughtless as to post a pic 2272 x 1704 pixels in a Forum.

I had to move my computer 3 feet to the left to see the RHS

flak monkey - 7/12/06 at 05:33 PM

I would love to do it, and term is over on friday, but dont have my own transport unfortunately and I am off home next week too. Sorry thats not much help.

David

snapper - 7/12/06 at 05:49 PM

50 professional photographs of engineering per hour, in different locations, you are having a big big laugh. You could'nt do that with a motordrive and running shoes.
What is it you want from these photo's, just a record of what is there or proper engineering photographs or brochure/PR work. 1 location per hour and thats rushing it. Snapper ABIPP (Associate of the British Institute of Professional Photography).
And give the students a chance, they will be crapping themselves if it their first commercial job and with that amount of work to try and do neither of you will get value for money.

NS Dev - 7/12/06 at 07:51 PM

I'm not having a big laugh, and it will be more than an 8 hour day!

Surprisingly enough, turning a profit in british volume automotive is quite hard work..................I think students working for Toyota know that!!!!

As I pointed out, they don't need to be "proffessional photos", but they do need to convey a lot of info about our plant to a range of people who do not know it inside out. The chosen "scenes" will then be proffesionally captured later on.

Think we may be sorted now anyway