It was in my house the other day.

Snuggs - 14/7/06 at 06:35 PM

It's an insect

RoadkillUK - 14/7/06 at 06:40 PM

Is this your coat?

marcyboy - 14/7/06 at 06:41 PM

it's a white plume moth
about 12mm tiny little thing

you wanna have an Elephant Hawk moth flying around ya bedroomn at night, as it was hitting the ceiling i thought i had squirrels in the loft ....

RoadkillUK - 14/7/06 at 06:44 PM

So it is, thank you

ReMan - 14/7/06 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marcyboy
it's a white plume moth
about 12mm tiny little thing

you wanna have an Elephant Hawk moth flying around ya bedroomn at night, as it was hitting the ceiling i thought i had squirrels in the loft ....

No you want Maybugs divebombing, the windows and roof, they're really big and noisy and scary Rescued attachment chrabaszcz.jpg
Rescued attachment chrabaszcz.jpg

Simon - 14/7/06 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RoadkillUK
It was in my house the other day.

It's one of those rare ugly/beautiful at the same time kind of things

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 14/7/06 by Simon]

marcyboy - 14/7/06 at 09:37 PM

maybugs do make a lot of noise when there stuck in the chimney and they have real bad vision...we get thoose they come out from under the turf by tree roots the maybug nymph (cockchaffer) are quite weird lloking too...like mini wichiti grubs.
we get stag beetles here, it's funny watching those things trying to manoeuvre around especially when you see the size of em.
we've had lots of insects this year... but has anyone seen a drop in wasps and hornets? we've had plenty of bees,we've not seen as many wasps and hornets as previous years...which is not a bad thing

[Edited on 15/7/06 by marcyboy]

DorsetStrider - 14/7/06 at 10:03 PM

Ah I can tell you with a certain amount of confidence it is what we in the dragonslaying trade call a....

Wing-ed beastie

marcyboy - 15/7/06 at 08:25 AM

have you been on the cold cider again....lol
you know it makes you feel invincible