Board logo

Legend racers
dave1888 - 1/12/05 at 06:49 PM

Can you buy these in kit form anyone got links Rescued attachment LegendRaceCar.jpg
Rescued attachment LegendRaceCar.jpg

subk2002 - 1/12/05 at 08:18 PM

They are great fun i was driving one round knockhill a couple of years back it was superb, thats what made me build a r1 indy.

Drew

donut - 1/12/05 at 08:39 PM

Yes they are available in kit form and theres a few body designes to choose from too. No idea who does them though.

MkIndy7 - 1/12/05 at 08:47 PM

http://store.600racing.com/site/index.cfm

Looks like they sell all the parts on there, not found a whole kit though yet.

Try searching for "legends racing series" or simiar in Yahoo, google, whatever. Seems to turn up plenty of results.

omega 24 v6 - 1/12/05 at 09:21 PM

Seem to remember a discussion at racewall one night that you could buy int the series at knockhill. You paid for the right to turn up and drive a car in the race series. Like I said twas a while back and maybe things have changed. I think they have 1100cc bike engines and sequential boxes and were by all accounts absolutely bloody fantastic fun.

mangogrooveworkshop - 1/12/05 at 09:29 PM

Legends Cars UK Price List

Basic Price £10,995 + VAT

This is for a fully assembled car and includes:

* Wheels/tyres
* Wire Mesh Screen
* Seat
* Five-point Simpson harness
* 3.58 differential gear
* 200lb springs all round
* Shipping
* Import duty

The following additions/modifications are required for racing in the United Kingdom

* Replacement of existing fuel and brake lines with braided hose (aeroflex or equivalent)
* Sealing of front and rear bulkheads
* Fire extinguisher (min. 2.5kg BCF hand-held)
* Roll-cage padding
* Custom-made Legends rear extension pipe & custom muffler (108db) £170
* Reverse Gear £TBC

Pipe, muffler & reverse gear compulsory for all RAC events & circuits

Other Requirements

For the BARC and SMRC Championships and all other RAC licensed events and circuits the following are required in addition to those listed above :

* Rear bad weather light
* Rear cut-out switch
* Towing eyes front and rear
* Modified door opening handles
* Enlarged plate under fuel cell
* Oil catch tank
* RAC approved stickers for fire extinguisher
* Cut-out switches
* Battery earth lead
* Tow points
* 2.93 differential gear

Recommended

There is a range of factory-fitted options and technical accessories available. As a minimum we recommend the fitting of an oil cooler and additional upper and lower air ducting

Links