Board logo

Autosport Show...pictures please :-)
Alan B - 8/1/03 at 03:27 PM

Title says it all really.

All interesting photos would be nice to see. Especially any new stuff, Coram etc.

Cheers

Alan B

ijohnston99 - 8/1/03 at 04:14 PM

I'll do my best. I've got to contribute something!!!

Ian

(Who's thinking of cheating and buying most of the bits!)

Alan B - 8/1/03 at 05:11 PM

Cheers Ian.....enjoy the show

ijohnston99 - 8/1/03 at 05:26 PM

It'll be terrible. I hear as well as cars, there are semi-naked women and a bar!

The things we do for our friends across the water!

Alan B - 8/1/03 at 05:34 PM

Ok then chin up...you'll get through it OK....you'll be stronger for it....etc.

You could always not look at the women and not drink......

Did I just say that aloud???

chrisg - 8/1/03 at 06:45 PM

I can only promise photo's of bums and cleavage, but, admit it, that's all you really want.

Cheers

Cheers

ijohnston99 - 8/1/03 at 06:52 PM

quote:

I can only promise photo's of bums and cleavage, but, admit it, that's all you really want.

What you get up to down the building sites is your own business!

paulbeyer - 8/1/03 at 09:41 PM

quote:

Chris, did you get a Digi cam and mirror stand for Christmas?

Rorty - 9/1/03 at 04:56 AM

Yes, want loads of pics of tits, bums, clever gadgets, neat ideas, latest ingenuity, email and www addresses, in roughly that order.
Have a ball you lucky swine!

jollygreengiant - 9/1/03 at 01:55 PM

quote:

Chris, did you get a Digi cam and mirror stand for Christmas?

Nope. Some rotten b*gg*r tied him to one of those helium balloons

Hugh Paterson - 10/1/03 at 04:21 PM

The photo's on the coram site are what the car looks like except the car they have at the show is blue, had a look at their chassis build last week and its the mutts nutts. seriously thinking of buying one! Dont have the facility to post the pics sori
Shug.

interestedparty - 10/1/03 at 06:03 PM

One good thing about amateur photos of cars (not amateurish, just amateur) are that they are the only way of getting a photographic record of what a car actually looks like. Professional photographers and the people who employ them (magazines, manufacturers, ad agencies etc) are obsessed with trying to make the car look good. They do this by taking quarter views, usually from a low angle. You can go through an entire magazine and not see a single picture of a car taken from the side.

John

Alan B - 10/1/03 at 06:37 PM

Good point John.

Very few cars look totally gorgeous from every angle.....it's only natural you want to show off the best for publicity...

The show vistor, however, can be a lot more honest..

MK9R - 12/1/03 at 08:29 PM

Have a look at my photos. I'm afraid there are no photos of the wonderful bits of fluff there though!

Alan B - 13/1/03 at 01:11 AM

Thanks guys for everything so far
Hope you had a good day out...

Rorty - 13/1/03 at 05:33 AM

God I miss the UK!
From what I've seen, this Hayabusa based V8 engine/transaxle from Maxsym was the jewel in the Autosport crown.
Aparently it is just a mock-up, but what an awesome bit of kit! Rescued attachment Maxsym_V8_trans.jpg
Rescued attachment Maxsym_V8_trans.jpg

donut - 21/1/03 at 01:57 PM

There was a twin bike V8 on the Radical stand which was £12000 of your earth pounds!!!! Nice bit of kit. What's next i wonder?

Rorty - 22/1/03 at 05:43 AM

I think it's about time we saw a resurgence in back-yard-built pulse jets! Cheap, light weight power in the true Locost tradition.

philgregson - 22/1/03 at 01:11 PM

Ever since the earlier post that drifted off into a link to a turbocharger based jet engine I have been perusing the various home built jet engine sites on the web (pulse jets, ram jets and turbines).

It looks like a load of fun to me - They are very very noisy and spew out flames - what could be more fun? (Well lots of things really, but you get my drift).

I am definately going to have a go at accumulating all the bits for a gas turbine, leaving them half assembled around my workshop for years and then getting sidetracked into something even more interesting before throwing them away.

Phil.