Dodgy Bonnet Catches!
Jonr - 16/3/05 at 01:19 PM

FECK!

holycrapengine
holycrapengine

Wonder where that bit of cowl landed?

DaveFJ - 16/3/05 at 01:22 PM

Feck

you can actually see the exposed honeycomb where the panel has sheared in half, bloody lucky people (I take it by the fact that there is a photo that they landed ok!)

tom_loughlin - 16/3/05 at 01:42 PM

NOT what you want to beeeing at 30000 feet!
enjoy your flight.

;if you look out of the left hand window, we can see france, and half an engine '

David Jenkins - 16/3/05 at 01:49 PM

Bloke sitting next to me in the office just said "I'd be more worried if that box on the side on the engine said 'Intel Inside'!"

David

clbarclay - 16/3/05 at 02:17 PM

Intel inside, idiot outside

britishtrident - 16/3/05 at 03:30 PM

Nah no worries its AMD

GeoffT - 16/3/05 at 03:43 PM

Pilot:-

"Can't understand it, it's only just been serviced........."

steve m - 16/3/05 at 04:39 PM

cooool photo

ned - 16/3/05 at 04:52 PM

maintenance engineer:
so thats what those left over bolts were for..

locoboy - 16/3/05 at 04:57 PM

Shit,

Just think about the bit of housing coming down to earth then!

Aaaaaaaaaaaw

jollygreengiant - 16/3/05 at 05:51 PM

Pilot-
"Now where the feck has that mechanic gone. He was there changing the spark plugs thirty seconds ago."

Stewardess-
"Its alright skipper he's just joining the mile high club and having a quick blowjob!."

Peteff - 16/3/05 at 05:53 PM

Twilight Zone where John Lithgow keeps seeing the gremlin on the wing but no-one believes him.

Hellfire - 16/3/05 at 06:19 PM

It makes me wonder whether that is genuine or not. The mating part which the cowl would be joined to has no visible locations for the titanium screws which hold it in place. The part which remains would also be upside down and there would be damage to the wing which there isn't. Seems highly suspect me...

If it is genuine does anyone recognise the colours as I won't be using them in the future...

chunkielad - 16/3/05 at 06:35 PM

Red bits are the catch locators the blue bit is the fuel feed hence why it has (so far) stayed on - panels are attached along here too.

Looks real to me Rescued attachment holycrapengine.jpg
Rescued attachment holycrapengine.jpg

Hellfire - 16/3/05 at 11:07 PM

Chunkie - the cowl is only attached with two latches IIRC the cowl is secured using "Cleeko" or titanium screws - lots of 'em. From my days in the manufacture of wing spar's that's not how I remember the manufacture...

I'm going to have a closer look next week... at 30,000 feet, bored and tired.... <yawn!> Hope it doesn't happen to my plane!!!

Danozeman - 17/3/05 at 08:54 AM

You cant getter quicker than a quick fit fitter..

wilkingj - 17/3/05 at 06:17 PM

Hmm What sort of Plane is it?...

Nice section of Stainless pipe there, could use it on my Viento

britishtrident - 17/3/05 at 06:52 PM

More to the point what airline i it --- shade of blue big clue mee thinks hmm.

Next time i'll fly Korean air or Garuda or Air Malta hmmm